Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Wilma with pebbles is being a disaster so far! Help!

Thanks

while my system is not a wilma, as soon as I get roots coming out of the cubes they go into the pots with hydroton and get 24/7 feeding through feed tubes. never had any signs of overwatering in my hydro system ever.

Thanks

Sal - What size cubes do you use? I started off with 1inch before transplanting to 3 inch blocks. Also where do you place the drip next to the plant? In the hydroton surrounding or near the RW cube?

Thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by madzilla View Post
    Sal - What size cubes do you use? I started off with 1inch before transplanting to 3 inch blocks. Also where do you place the drip next to the plant? In the hydroton surrounding or near the RW cube?

Thanks
    I root them in round rockwool slugs that are split like a dinner bun, they are the pieces cut out of the larger cube. once the roots appear outside the slug I drop them into the bigger square cubes that has the hole in the top and put them in pots surrounded by expanded clay pebbles and cover the entire top of the cube.

I stick my feed tubes right inside the 4 inch cubes on either side of the hole where the plant goes inside, I have tried drip spears in the past but found this way to work better with no worries about damping off the stem.

Thanks

these are what I use

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sal_Governale For This Useful Post:

Dizzydave (24-10-18)

Thanks

Hello mate, regarding the ph down, mix 50ml to 2 litres of water and then use this to adjust your feed.

Neat ph down is very strong, diluting it will make things much easier.

Hope this helps mate.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ladymaryjane For This Useful Post:

Arfur (19-03-21), British green (03-04-18), luke skywalker (18-09-21), szadol (16-06-20)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2