Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Toms shed groom build 2018

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,310 Times

Default Toms shed groom build 2018

Hello Lads & ladies

Right I joined this site just under a year ago with no knowledge of growing at all, after reading most of the diarys and popping on site most days and having a look at the treads etc I have now gained enough info and tips from the members to start a personal grow of my own as I'm sick of buying crap street weed.

I've been rearing to go for a few months but thing have just kept getting in the way and Also work comitments etc.

I have included some photos of the build although I did not plan to share the build I was initially just going to start a diary from growing but maybe this will help someone a little and also let you see what I've been up too.

100mm insulation screwed to existing shed framework, I then made the doors from 4x2" so that the 4"/100mm insulation can fit nice and level inside the frame.
    I then battened the inside of the doors so that I could install some draft excluder to seal the door. (Which you can see in the photos).

The trouble with using 100mm insulation is that you don't have nowhere to hang anything if you don't batten the roof and side out useing 180mm screws and remembering where the timber beams are under the insulation so that you can fix into it, I have now done this which went pretty smooth.

Please feel free to make an input and any tips etc are all welcome.!
    This is my first setup so maybe some experienced guys may be able to help along the way.
    I have the 1000w ballasts hung up and am just putting the parabolic lights up and also have still got to sort the venting out so I will put some more pics up once the room is fully complete.

My first question would be is it safe for the ballasts to be screwed onto wooden battens on the wall?
    I know they can get hot so not sure if this is a good idea but have knowwhere else to hang them really other than outside on the floor maybe, although I wanted everything inside the shed So the outside is clutter free.

Thanks to all who has helped me along the way already and great forum you got here guys much appreciated
    Tom

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to tom222 For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (24-01-18), bigbadbillybob (16-01-18), carpetburn (15-01-18), GEORGE (15-01-18), Ginger-bud (23-01-18), Ironman (15-01-18), joker_the_smoker (15-01-18), MonsterEnergy (14-01-18), MR B-loom (23-01-18), M_C (14-01-18), newbfarmer1985 (30-01-18), Sadface (28-01-18), Trex (06-02-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,218 Times

wow thats sweet mate , nice work
    if i help drop a THANKS its free

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ENGLISH_HERBSMAN For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-01-18), MonsterEnergy (14-01-18), Peanut butter (23-01-18), tom222 (14-01-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,884 Times

I'm liking this... a lot!
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (24-01-18), ENGLISH_HERBSMAN (15-01-18), GEORGE (15-01-18), MonsterEnergy (14-01-18), Peanut butter (23-01-18), tom222 (14-01-18)

Bejeweled 2 Action Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 18,392 Times

nice man, you'll be happy that's so well insulated in both the winter and summer,
    mylar sheeting or flat white on the inside?

the ballast is it digital or magnetic? digital don't get that hot, magnetic get really really hot,
    should be fine to hang on the wall,

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MonsterEnergy For This Useful Post:

ENGLISH_HERBSMAN (15-01-18), GEORGE (15-01-18), tom222 (15-01-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,884 Times

They look like digi ballasts

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

ENGLISH_HERBSMAN (15-01-18), GEORGE (15-01-18), tom222 (15-01-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

Very nice indeed. That environment will be spot on 👍

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-01-18), tom222 (15-01-18)

Bejeweled 2 Action Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 18,392 Times

i thought that was a vertical heater, lol

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MonsterEnergy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Hung loads of magnetic ballasts on walls never had a issue. (See pic) You'll be fine. Only thing would be careful of is mounting is extention lead/multi way. They're the only thing I've ever had issue with lesson is don't go cheap on them!

Just experience from shed builds, I'd work out exactly where you're putting everything before planning vents. Just to use minimum ducting and it's not in the way. I wish I moved one of my intakes 6" one way would of made other things alot easier. Live and learn I guess.

Good luck with it

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to heman For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-01-18), joker_the_smoker (15-01-18), tom222 (15-01-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,310 Times

Quote Originally Posted by ENGLISH_HERBSMAN View Post
    wow thats sweet mate , nice work
    Thanks bro.! Just carnt wait to get sorted and get some plants in.

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    I'm liking this... a lot!
    Hello Mc thanks bro, hopefully grow some nice buds in there soon.

Quote Originally Posted by MonsterEnergy View Post
    nice man, you'll be happy that's so well insulated in both the winter and summer,
    mylar sheeting or flat white on the inside?

the ballast is it digital or magnetic? digital don't get that hot, magnetic get really really hot,
    should be fine to hang on the wall,
    Hello Monster thanks bro, its diamond mylar mate although its being a pain to get it to stay up on the indulation panels with duct tape and silver tape as in some areas the tape is peeling away so i have got some carpet glue spray to try.

Quote Originally Posted by gardro View Post
    Very nice indeed. That environment will be spot on ��
    Thanks Gardro.! Yes i do hope so mate..100mm celotex cost me a few quid lol.

Quote Originally Posted by heman View Post
    Hung loads of magnetic ballasts on walls never had a issue. (See pic) You'll be fine. Only thing would be careful of is mounting is extention lead/multi way. They're the only thing I've ever had issue with lesson is don't go cheap on them!

Just experience from shed builds, I'd work out exactly where you're putting everything before planning vents. Just to use minimum ducting and it's not in the way. I wish I moved one of my intakes 6" one way would of made other things alot easier. Live and learn I guess.

Good luck with it

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Hello Heman thanks for the photo bro.. yes they are 1000w digital ballasts.
    Yes your right extention leads can be a week point of a grow room mate.
    Nice room you got there bud.
    I been thinking about the intake vent for a bit as i have also got to have the intake fan inside the room sonjust gonna vent low down and run the ducting to the fan which will be in the middle of the toom screwed to wall that will also he low down to the rear, hopefully it will work out.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tom222 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-01-18), M_C (15-01-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,032 Times

think we,d all like a grow room like that lol

and my ballast has been sat on a piece of wood for years with no probs

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to carpetburn For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast