Thread: Solid, consistent choice for soil

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,269 Times

Default Solid, consistent choice for soil

Finally embarked on a grow using slightly better soil than I usually use. For my sins, my first 6 grows were done using very cheap soil from my local supermarket - the last lot yield especially terrible results, so stepped it up a bit and bought some John Inness No1 - and in combination with doing a few other basics a lot better, this grow is going a hell of a lot better.

But looking ahead, considering prices and a lot of information I've read on here, I've decided to buy a 50L bag of soil for the next grow and taking a few opinions on board, have narrowed it down to a choice of three.

Plant Magic Supreme - relatively inexpensive, already have Old Timers Grow and Bloom nutes, and people seem to rate it highly, like their nutrient range.

Canna Terra - roughly the same price - has a fairly loyal bunch supporters - roughly the same price as the PM Supreme

Canna Terra Pro - as above but with all sorts of funky sounding stuff added to it. And bat shit, apparently. Slightly more expensive, but not prohibitively so. And strangely, not been able to find anything really championing it over and above the other choices.

Could stick with JI No1 as I'm very happy with it so far, but it's more expensive than the above, and certainly the No1 variety is a little 'hot' in terms of the added nutes. Found people with nice things to say about it, but most then go on to say that they have switched to another brand and are usually happier with that, so not sure.

I know there have been previous soil debates and comparisons before, but standard of quality and customer opinion changes so thought I'd get some up to date opinions So what do you reckon?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,306 Times

Grab a bag of PM supreme and your sorted. The Canna range is also good but if you have Oldtimers that you'll use, opt for plant magic.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Admiral For This Useful Post:

Easy-T (02-02-18), mysticjim (18-01-18), Pablo (02-02-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,542 Times

dutch pro light is all i have used so far and had very good results, just thought i would add to the list.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,676 Times

I find the easiest are the light mixes or just a general multi purpose.
    That way it's easier to tailor your own feed schedule early on.

Grow your own medicine.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Hippy Crack For This Useful Post:

Pablo (02-02-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,620 Times

I was introduced to batmix when i started growing, first two grows were cuttings that were given to me, my last two grows have been from seed sown straight into batmix and grown throughout and i've just had an excellent crop, so i think if it aint broken don't fix it, G'.
    FIGHTING FOR PEACE IS LIKE FU#@ING FOR VIRGINITY