Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How does this kit look ??

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,018 Times

If i was you mate i wouldnt bother gettin a kit you will end up having to buy everything again, i bought a kit before my first grow and have replaced everyhing in it and im only on my second grow

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Flyingscotsman For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (07-04-20), GEORGE (20-01-18), Greengrass (20-01-18), Reggie12 (20-01-18)

Thanks

Yeah I’m gonna look into everything separate...
    what tents do people recommend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Reggie12 For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (07-04-20), GEORGE (20-01-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 13,095 Times

Like the others have said dude you'll end up re buying stuff. Best thing to do in my experience is:-

Work out where you're gonna be growing, buy/build the biggest tent/groom you can fit in the space you've allocated.

Then decide on an appropriate size intake/extract and filter for the area. Rhino Pro over hobby all day long as the lifetime difference is well worth the price difference.

Then I'd choose what lights I was going have, I can highly recommend the Adjust-Watt switchable digital ballasts and Powerplant Mantis Pro Reflectors. For a 600w set up your probably looking at £200-220 inuding veg lamp and flower lamp. If you can stretch your budget then I'd go for something like a Gavita or Dimlux.

Then your light timer/contactor I went for 1 with more outputs that I need in case of expansion at a later date. Green Power 6way 4000w

Then your biggest decision, what growing medium your gonna use. Soil, coco, clay balls, DWC or RDWC.

Dependant on which growing medium you use you'll need appropriate nutes and testing equipment such as pH pens and EC meters or even water cooling equipment and pumps.

Then you might want to consider fan controllers as well, not really necessary to start off with but can be a god send when it come to climate control within the groom.

If there's anything you wanna ask then ask, there's a lot of knowledgeable people on this forum and a lot to be learnt.

Peace out and happy toking

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dirty_badger For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (07-04-20), GEORGE (20-01-18), Reggie12 (20-01-18)

Thanks

Thanks for that mate! I’m probably looking at a tent of 2.4x1.2x2 m or even a 3mx2x2 with 2 x 600 w with 8-10 plants

As for medium I would probs start with soil or something along them lines. I really like the look of RDWC but like said better walk before I can run!
    I would say for budget wise I could go to £2500 inc Nutes and everything else ...

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Reggie12 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

If you wanna go DWC route then I'd start off with a Wilma system that's the path I took. Get yourself the Wilma 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Reggie12 View Post
    Thanks for that mate! I’m probably looking at a tent of 2.4x1.2x2 m or even a 3mx2x2 with 2 x 600 w with 8-10 plants

As for medium I would probs start with soil or something along them lines. I really like the look of RDWC but like said better walk before I can run!
    I would say for budget wise I could go to £2500 inc Nutes and everything else ...

If you wanna go DWC route then I'd start off with a Wilma system that's the path I took. Get yourself the Wilma 5If you wanna go DWC route then I'd start off with a Wilma system that's the path I took. Get yourself the Wilma V2 XXL you'll see some impressive growth rate and a decent yield. The pots are 25L so plenty of room for roots.

If you can get the 3x2x2 in you'd have plenty of space to work around the Wilma. Set everything up central to the grow space then you've got even space to work.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dirty_badger For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (07-04-20), GEORGE (20-01-18), Reggie12 (20-01-18)

Thanks

Cheers again mate! Yes I like the sound of that and the 3x2x2 is fine are there any of the tent brands to watch out for?
    Cheers for your help mate! It’s really appreciated

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Reggie12 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

My first grow space was built in the loft of my parents house, then when I got my own place I bought a bud box pro 1.5x1.5x2.0, built it, took it down then built my own groom in the box room as there wasn't enough space for the tent really.

I have a friend that uses a green qube and that's a really good tent.

There's a few mods that can be done to the Wilma systems as well. Like pump upgrade, drilling holes in the top tray and raising it up slightly so you can put a drain on the bottom to make res changes easier.

There's a video on here of the set up I used to run, that was a Wilma 8 modded to be DWC I'll try find it and link you to it.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dirty_badger For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (07-04-20), GEORGE (20-01-18), Northern (20-01-18), Reggie12 (20-01-18)

Thanks

Cheers fella!

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Reggie12 For This Useful Post:

Laederon Plateau on the northern edge of the continent of Genabackis.
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,313 Times

For that cost you'll get a better system if you got the bits separately yourself.

Tent decide your size.

HID or CMH lighting pick accordingly so space is covered as much as possible without killing your plants.

Intake and outtake ventilation intact being smaller:
    Carbon filter equal to or better air per m3 then the fan
    Acoustic ducting or better
    Rvk fan or better for out take
    Another fan for intake (or go passive depending where your venting too)

Ratchet ropes for lighting and ventilation

Possibly need humidifier, definitely need a dehumidifier pick according to your size though.

Decide your medium then plan the floor around it.
    Eg. If coco coir what pots, what style feed (drain to waste is best for coco), how are you training scrog/ lst, canes etc. How will you feed them (by hand, drippers, if by hand hiw will you get to all under a scrog etc)

If you're going dwc then you will need ec pen pH pen pH up and down (same for coco btw)

Basically all you need is airflow + light + food/ medium and they'll grow.

Look at spending that money on better equipment than an all in one "kit" as you'll never know what you get. Fact is you coukd buy it all separately for probably less with far more brands experienced by the growers here and other forums than random ones people will be unfamiliar with and could not advise on the quality.

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Karsa For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (07-04-20), Dirty_badger (20-01-18), DPH (20-01-18), GEORGE (20-01-18), Reggie12 (20-01-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,468 Times

I have come to find that the cheaper tents are just as good as some of the more expense one's over the years. Never had a problem with cheaper tents. Best thing is to oil and syclecone the zippers, for easy in and out. JMO

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (07-04-20), Dirty_badger (20-01-18), Easy-T (20-01-18), Karsa (20-01-18), Reggie12 (20-01-18), THC Prince (10-01-20)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast