Thread: Need help with my first grow

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,186 Times

Default Need help with my first grow

Hello, I'm new to this forum and a first time grower. I am currently using a 300 watt led grow light. My grow room is 50x50x100cm. I have purchased a pH tester and bottles of pH up and pH down, so I can tackle any problems I may run in too concerning pH. I have tested my plant and the pH is of normal range 6.0ph. She is a female. I don't know what type of breed she is. I keep her on a 18/6 light schedule and water her every 2 days. My question is, why are the leaves starting to curl? I thought maybe it would have something todo with the light being too close but I ain't sure for certain. I also have a second plant that has yellowing of the tips. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you
    Kind Regards
    Victa

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr Green For This Useful Post:

Greengrass (20-01-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,120 Times

The yellow tips are likely nute burn from the soil, so if you are feeding, cut it back... if your not feeding yet then this is an adjustment period for the soil, give them some time to adjust. But stop PHing your water. Let the soil be the buffer. Additionally, if you are watering every two days you are overwatering. You need to be going from wet to dry cycles with cannabis. Best way to know is to stick your finger in the soil, and when it is dry up to your first knuckle, then its time to water. In soil I tend to water about every 4 or 5 days. hope this helps.
    Coco Scrog with a mix bag COMPLETE 32.8 OZ's------

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ja-Take-2-Coco

Murdocks special blend x2 COMPLETE 6.6oz's

[url]https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?132905-Skunky-s-Bag-Seed-Extravagonja[url]

SCROG and LST 3 plants COMPLETE 10.5 OZ'S

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d-Extravagonja

Check out the single mainlined Nitro Lemon Haze mentored by the mad scientist Dexter. COMPLETE 5.5 OZ's

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...lp-From-Dexter

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Skunky n funky For This Useful Post:

blue poh (22-01-18), Dr Green (20-01-18), Greengrass (20-01-18), Kev (21-01-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Skunky n funky View Post
    The yellow tips are likely nute burn from the soil, so if you are feeding, cut it back... if your not feeding yet then this is an adjustment period for the soil, give them some time to adjust. But stop PHing your water. Let the soil be the buffer. Additionally, if you are watering every two days you are overwatering. You need to be going from wet to dry cycles with cannabis. Best way to know is to stick your finger in the soil, and when it is dry up to your first knuckle, then its time to water. In soil I tend to water about every 4 or 5 days. hope this helps.
    Thank you so much for the quick reply. I'll give it a try.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dr Green For This Useful Post:

Greengrass (20-01-18), Hippy Crack (21-01-18), Skunky n funky (20-01-18)

Thanks

depending on pot size, and time in life, watering once every 4-5 days may not work for every situation.

4-5 days works for me in very big soil pots. I find that 5 gallon pots or smaller need much more water than that.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fishbuds For This Useful Post:

Greengrass (21-01-18), Hippy Crack (21-01-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,120 Times

Quote Originally Posted by fishbuds View Post
    depending on pot size, and time in life, watering once every 4-5 days may not work for every situation.

4-5 days works for me in very big soil pots. I find that 5 gallon pots or smaller need much more water than that.
    Im guessing he is soaking her every two days...... that small of a plant aint soaking up water like that........ This isnt a claw, like a nitrogen toxicity, instead this is a droop.... Which 90% of the time, in soil, its either under or over watering. Considering hes hitting her every two days, i think we can narrow it down.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Skunky n funky For This Useful Post:

Dr Green (22-01-18), Hippy Crack (21-01-18), ladymaryjane (25-01-19), UpT0wn (16-07-18)

Thanks

This plant has been growing now for 4 months. She spent biggest part of her time next to the window. I decided to do it properly now though, so I invested in a grow room and lights. It's been less than a week since she's been in her new environment. How long will it take for her leaves to return to normal? There is no change as of yet.

Thanks

I think Skunky's got it nailed mate. I hope it recovers for you right quick like.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to fishbuds For This Useful Post:

Dr Green (27-01-18)

Thanks

I think Skunky's got it nailed mate. I hope it recovers for you right quick like.
    Thanks for the reply. She's starting to look better now.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr Green For This Useful Post:

Skunky n funky (28-01-18)

Thanks

so what led grow light did you use.