Thread: Strange PH issue.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,042 Times

Default Strange PH issue.

Good evening all,

Just like to share something with the forum. I am currently on my 4th grow and I am trying out Plant magics Root Stimulant booster 3ml/1ltr. What I have found is that when mixed with Vitalink Ph down it will dramatically drop your ph. Below is what I have been doing

1ltr water PH 8.4 from tap
    3ml Plant Booster PH reduces PH to 7.8

This is where it gets interesting I am using a plastic 1ml syringe and if I just coat the outside of the syringe with Vitalink up to 0.5ml marking then stir it in with the water my PH plummets to 3-3.5. What I have to do is literally do is just dip the end of the syringe so it form a drop and that is enough to take me down to the 6.1-6.5 rang I am aiming for.

Not sure if there is some chemical reaction between the two products causing the high reduction in the ph but just thought I would share it with the forum.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,884 Times

Vitalink PH Down is 81%, so quite strong... it doesn't need much!
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Cont3 (20-01-18), ENGLISH_HERBSMAN (20-01-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,218 Times

Yh mix in a larger container or water the ph down down in another bottle to weaken the ph solution
    if i help drop a THANKS its free

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ENGLISH_HERBSMAN For This Useful Post:

Cont3 (20-01-18)

Thanks

Your telling me mate was amazed the first time I used it I put 0.1ml in it and it dropped to below 3

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,218 Times

Yeah lol gets easier when you make larger amounts of feed

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ENGLISH_HERBSMAN For This Useful Post:

Cont3 (20-01-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 22,354 Times

your ph will alter with each chem ewe add to the water...EG... if i mix a litre of water 7.8 from the tap here with 1.5 ml of canna A@B the ph drops to 6.5...i then need 3 droplets from a 1 ml serynge of ph down to get it to 6....but when i add 1 ml of PK 13/14 to the litre the PH rises to 7.6 ....i then need 8 droplets of PH down to sync it within range ...opposite with adding buddy to the litre buddy lowers it i only need 2 droplets with adding buddy !!! so ts always wise to mix up the ferts then PH it last

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Captain Beefheart For This Useful Post:

Cont3 (20-01-18), ENGLISH_HERBSMAN (21-01-18), M_C (20-01-18)

Thanks

Yeah I always mix my nutes before I add my ph solution. I was just amazed at how little (drop) changed by such a high amount

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cont3 For This Useful Post:

Captain Beefheart (20-01-18), ENGLISH_HERBSMAN (21-01-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 22,354 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Cont3mpt View Post
    Yeah I always mix my nutes before I add my ph solution. I was just amazed at how little (drop) changed by such a high amount
    i use the same one bach its great stuff....less imo is a better option for the plants