Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Preparing veggie patch

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,845 Times

Quote Originally Posted by MrNice View Post
    I have an allotment so i do abit of veggies myself. Blood, fish and bone is a decent fert for potatoes. Soil wise you want to double dig if using new ground. Also chit the potatoes and plant. You wont need to water potatoes that much unless its a dry spell. And i would still check to make sure. Look for potato blight. Yiur guarenteed tocget it umless you use a resistent variety such as sarpo mira.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    Cheers for the tips Mr nice 😆 I will grab some blood fish and bone tomorrow and I googled chit potatoes so will do that as well. Any more tips for me? 😊

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times

TO chit taters, just leave em in open air , misted a bit in 21-22 degreees , and let the eyes pop about 1/4 in and theyll be ready for planting .

I make 4" deep furrows , place in bottom , then 12" apart bury , water lightly , theyll pop in a few weeks and they dont really need much feed nor watering tbh

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

Twisted (08-02-18)

Thanks

Great post will be following! Just getting a veg patch ready myself.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to midnightokah For This Useful Post:

Twisted (11-02-18)

Hobbit Guest

Nice one twisted will sub to this. Some good advice here as well. Not sure if it was your plan mate but best to hill rows up rather than having it flat like your picture. Gives better drainage, and soil depth as well as easier to maintain.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Hobbit For This Useful Post:

Twisted (11-02-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by midnightokah View Post
    Great post will be following! Just getting a veg patch ready myself.
    Cheers mate any tips or advice I'm all ears 😆

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
    Nice one twisted will sub to this. Some good advice here as well. Not sure if it was your plan mate but best to hill rows up rather than having it flat like your picture. Gives better drainage, and soil depth as well as easier to maintain.
    Cheers hobbit I know u grow a lot of stuff so good to see you here 😆 ye that was the plan mate I've still got stuff to do there I'm going to dig my compost bin into the soil and loosen it more will put the rows in then😆

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Twisted For This Useful Post:

Trex (12-02-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,977 Times

Egg cartons and some fleeceing if chitting in greenhouse etc . Place potatoes eye upwards into some cardboard egg cartons. As hobbit said hill as you see the foilage grow upwards. Youll get better yields. Theres a youtuber called allotment diary thats intresting to watch.

Im trying his method of growing potstoes in pots this year.

Peas are also a easy to grow crop. No ferts needed really just supports. Also kings seeds is the best cheapest suuplier for veggie supplies. I used to use suttons before i found out kings from fellow allotmenters.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BritishBotanics For This Useful Post:

Twisted (11-02-18)

Thanks

Couple of melons and tomatoes popping ready for the greenhouse 😆

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrNice View Post
    Egg cartons and some fleeceing if chitting in greenhouse etc . Place potatoes eye upwards into some cardboard egg cartons. As hobbit said hill as you see the foilage grow upwards. Youll get better yields. Theres a youtuber called allotment diary thats intresting to watch.

Im trying his method of growing potstoes in pots this year.

Peas are also a easy to grow crop. No ferts needed really just supports. Also kings seeds is the best cheapest suuplier for veggie supplies. I used to use suttons before i found out kings from fellow allotmenters.

Cheers MrNice 👍👍

Will have to take a look at for those videos 😆

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Twisted For This Useful Post:

redisiel (11-02-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 29,329 Times

Good luck brother, one thing is for sure go easy on them high npk fertilisers especially the phosphorus ones because you’ll make your microbial action slow and this is what I’d rely on in my garden outdoors be it canna or veggies.
    Compost teas will work wonders mate remember the better the compost/castings the better the teas.
    Mixing my soil next week and I can’t wait
    Stay blessed brother
    Redz
    NO-TILL Gardening with REDZ

REDZ BUILDS LIVING SOIL!!!

Redz & Ironjustice Do super lemon haze in rdwc for GWP

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...n-rdwc-for-GPW(COMPLETE)
    LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to redisiel For This Useful Post:

Twisted (11-02-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by redsiel View Post
    Good luck brother, one thing is for sure go easy on them high npk fertilisers especially the phosphorus ones because you’ll make your microbial action slow and this is what I’d rely on in my garden outdoors be it canna or veggies.
    Compost teas will work wonders mate remember the better the compost/castings the better the teas.
    Mixing my soil next week and I can’t wait
    Stay blessed brother
    Redz
    Right then reds so what should I add to my soil i would imagine the soil isn't very good at the moment what can I mix into it? Things that are easily available from the shops. Also I'm gonna be ordering some top soil soon to mix into it

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Twisted For This Useful Post:

redisiel (11-02-18)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast