Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is it ok setup?

Thanks

Default Is it ok setup?

I really would love to hear some suggestions before I am going to scratch a hole in my bedroom roof.

Growing space/closet: (90cm X 50cm X 160cm / 3′ X 1.7′ X 5.2′)

Exhaust fan: 120 CFM, 10cm / 4′′ inside the plastic pipe

Plastic straight pipe 10cm / 4′′ ( 1M / 3,2′′ long ) goes directly from closet to loft. The exhaust fan is in the loft.

Lights: 270W Warm White CFLs, but the next one is 250W HPS

Using a fan controller

Questions:

1. If that kind of setup, then is it quiet?
    1.1. I don't want to use bigger plastic pipe because want to hide this which goes out from closet ... a big teddy bear will be going to help the pipe.
    1.2. Does it help/makes quieter if I am going to use a bigger and acoustic insulated ducting just in my closet or no point for that?

2. If I am going to use 250W HPS on my next grow, then is this setup/exhaust ok?

3. Is it ok to use 250W HPS if I have that kind of small closet?
    Last edited by Bud Lightyear; 04-02-18 at 05:20 PM. Reason: Remove Link

2. The Following User Says Thank You to THC Prince For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (07-05-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

Are you going to use a carbon filter to remove smell? I tried/built a120cfm DIY extract fan and while it worked ok, it didn't pull much air when connected to a filter

The CFL will be fine for veg but inadequate for flower. Be great if you get the hps by flower

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (07-05-18), THC Prince (04-02-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gardro View Post
    Are you going to use a carbon filter to remove smell? I tried/built a120cfm DIY extract fan and while it worked ok, it didn't pull much air when connected to a filter

The CFL will be fine for veg but inadequate for flower. Be great if you get the hps by flower
    I think I am not going to use a filter, I hope the smell goes into the attic and then it's ok/no smells in my house.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to THC Prince For This Useful Post:

gardro (04-02-18), GEORGE (07-05-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

Quote Originally Posted by THC Prince View Post
    I think I am not going to use a filter, I hope the smell goes into the attic and then it's ok/no smells in my house.
    Big risk not using a filter, not recommended by anyone on here. When it comes to flower it will be a huge smell

Do a practice run and see what the sound and temp is like

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (07-05-18), joker_the_smoker (04-02-18), THC Prince (04-02-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

You will need a filter come flower.. Veg will be ok if ventin in to attic as i dont put mine on till near flower.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

gardro (04-02-18), GEORGE (07-05-18), Royston81 (04-10-18), THC Prince (04-02-18), Valentina (07-05-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joker_the_smoker View Post
    You will need a filter come flower.. Veg will be ok if ventin in to attic as i dont put mine on till near flower.
    I was thinking that a filter is only needed when wanting to hide the smells which go outside the place and nothing to do with getting smells away from my grow area, no?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to THC Prince For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (07-05-18)

Thanks

why I can't edit my first post? in my bedroom roof ... probably, the right would be: in my bedroom ceiling.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to THC Prince For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (07-05-18)

Thanks

I was thinking that a filter is only needed when wanting to hide the smells which go outside the place and nothing to do with getting smells away from my grow area, no?
    So your happy for the smell to reek out in to the neighbourhood with potentially giving the police a reason to kick your door through?
    The filter will scrub the used smelly air before it leaves the grow area keeping your grow stealth so you wont be exposed.
    You only have 8min or so to edit posts also

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (07-05-18), Royston81 (04-10-18), THC Prince (04-02-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joker_the_smoker View Post
    So your happy for the smell to reek out in to the neighbourhood with potentially giving the police a reason to kick your door through?
    The filter will scrub the used smelly air before it leaves the grow area keeping your grow stealth so you wont be exposed.
    You only have 8min or so to edit posts also
    I was thinking that if the smells goes into the attic and then outside, then it will naturally fade away and no smells in my house & area of neighbors houses.

I am growing 4 Northen Lights autos (8 days old atm.), when the autos start to smell?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to THC Prince For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (07-05-18)

Thanks

I was thinking that if the smells goes into the attic and then outside, then it will naturally fade away and no smells in my house & area of neighbors houses.

I am growing 4 Northen Lights autos (8 days old atm.), when the autos start to smell?
    Why take the risk mate its only a filter. Let me know how you get on without lol. Be even worse in warmer months smell will linger nxt door neighbours will pick up on it.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (07-05-18), THC Prince (04-02-18)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast