Thread: Canna Coco prep before planting?

Thanks

Default Canna Coco prep before planting?

Hi Everyone,

I am a bit puzzled on prepping canna coco before adding the germinated seeds.

I read somewhere to basically flush it with nutes and read elsewhere just to water to begin with and slowly add nutes later down the line slowly.

What do i do?

Thanks you

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

i use mine in mini B&Q pots (think they 150mm, smallest ones on shelf anyway) when they nippers. fill em up with coco then make up say 500ml ph 5.8 water add in 2ml rhizotonic . get pots pre damp gotta give them a real good squeeze and compress down afterwards ring all water out so they just damp. and plant but i put mine in a heated propagator as these tend to speed up the process keeping them nice and warm/humid

dont go and plant them in large pots and drench them other wise your be waiting while for them dry out an roots wont get going

they shudnt need anything for 1st week to 10days, but rhizo and water
    Last edited by joker_the_smoker; 08-02-18 at 03:57 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks joker im doing auto's so was told put them in your finishing pot first.

Basically i just need to make sure its moist and not soaked and just water to begin with

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr Greenthumbs Apprentice For This Useful Post:

joker_the_smoker (08-02-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Greenthumbs Apprentice View Post
    Thanks joker im doing auto's so was told put them in your finishing pot first.

Basically i just need to make sure its moist and not soaked and just water to begin with
    fair enough mate yea final pot with them mate, just tiny bit like i said above , small circle when you will plant it, remember warm damp moist an ya good, not swimming in water log

7. The Following User Says Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks mate! cant wait to plant these babies!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr Greenthumbs Apprentice For This Useful Post:

joker_the_smoker (08-02-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Greenthumbs Apprentice View Post
    Thanks mate! cant wait to plant these babies!
    be sure start diary

11. The Following User Says Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post: