Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: RQS Blue Cheese Harvest Macro Shots & Smoke Report

Thanks

Default RQS Blue Cheese Harvest Macro Shots & Smoke Report

This is all from my diary but I thought this could use its own thread for anyone that may be searching for photos of this particular strain. The buds were wet trimmed. This is Blue Cheese from Royal Queen Seeds and my first grow. Harvested at day 62 of 12/12 after a 35 day veg (97 days from seed).

Equipment:
    • Medium: Fox Farm Ocean Forest (soil) w/ 20% perlite
    • Container: 5 Gallon grow bags
    • Nutes: FF Grow Big, FF Tiger Bloom, FF Big Bloom, FF Microbe Brew, Great White, Canna PK 13/14
    • Lighting: 600 watt MH (veg) & 600 watt HPS (bloom)
    • Ventilation: 6" inline extraction with passive intake, tower fan & clip fan
    • Tent: Gorilla Grow Lite Line 2x4

Smoke Report:
    • Look: 7/10
    • Feel: 6/10
    • Smell: 5/10
    • Smoke: 3/10
    • Stone: 4/10
    • Overall: 5/10

In short, I'd smoke this one again, but I'd smoke a lot of other ones first.

Last edited by superbeasto; 08-02-18 at 07:09 PM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to superbeasto For This Useful Post:

joker_the_smoker (08-02-18), MonsterEnergy (08-02-18), SBTUK (22-09-19)

Thanks

Oh, to clarify for the smoke report, 1 is average street quality mids and 10 is top dispensary quality. 1 is not Mexican dirt weed since I feel that is irrelevant here.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to superbeasto For This Useful Post:

MonsterEnergy (08-02-18)

Bejeweled 2 Action Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 18,391 Times

shame about the ''Stone: 4/10'' because it looks rather tasty!
    i doubt id grow it at 4/10,

i also guess you won't be growing it again,

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MonsterEnergy View Post
    shame about the ''Stone: 4/10'' because it looks rather tasty!
    i doubt id grow it at 4/10,

i also guess you won't be growing it again,
    Yeah 10 on my scale is taking a hit of the joint and immediately going like "oh shit we might have a problem". Lol. So it's not bad it's just not as good as I would like.
    I will be growing it again but the Barney's Farm version. These were freebie seeds with my Barney's Farm order.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to superbeasto For This Useful Post:

MonsterEnergy (09-02-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,120 Times

Considering it was your first grow, I think growing a solid 4 is a decent start. I am guessing if you grew out the same strain again, you would grow it at a 6...... If some of us with a lot of grows under our belts, we could probably push it towards a 7 maybe 8. There is no reason a cheese shouldnt have a damn good smell, gotta love the smell of them cheeses. Second it looks like she was pushing a lot of pistils and foxtailing in late flower. This is a sign of a stressed plant, (unless its a genetic thing) as temps light intensity and general environment I feel play the biggest factor in this. Some! of the sugar leafs are showing signs of nute burn, not much but some. You can also see some of those funky leafs in the bud, these are from a stress issue too, which I am guessing is light.... Did you rotate the plant? I am in no way shape or form bashing you for your grow, as a matter of fact you need to be damn proud of that cause she looks stunning. How long did you cure the buds before writing a report?? In my humble opinion you cant have a real "smoke" report till you have atleast a 3 week cure, if not closer to 8 weeks. Its amazing what happens to a good bud after a true cure, there are some serious changes in those late weeks of it. Did you get into your trichomes and ensure peak ripeness? I cant really tell from the pics, but I am seeing a lot of glistening white in those.... I am guessing the amber content was pretty low.... again, thc seems to change more late in flower then before that. When thc goes to amber it begins to degrade into a whole new molecule....

Just some shit to think about..... blue cheese is a solid ass strain, as are the genetics....... I am willing to guess this was more user error then a real accurate review of a seed strain.

Then again they were fucking freebies........ They give them away for a reason....
    Coco Scrog with a mix bag COMPLETE 32.8 OZ's------

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ja-Take-2-Coco

Murdocks special blend x2 COMPLETE 6.6oz's

[url]https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?132905-Skunky-s-Bag-Seed-Extravagonja[url]

SCROG and LST 3 plants COMPLETE 10.5 OZ'S

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d-Extravagonja

Check out the single mainlined Nitro Lemon Haze mentored by the mad scientist Dexter. COMPLETE 5.5 OZ's

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...lp-From-Dexter

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Skunky n funky For This Useful Post:

MonsterEnergy (09-02-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by superbeasto View Post
    Yeah 10 on my scale is taking a hit of the joint and immediately going like "oh shit we might have a problem". Lol. So it's not bad it's just not as good as I would like.
    I will be growing it again but the Barney's Farm version. These were freebie seeds with my Barney's Farm order.
    am sorta surprised there only a 4/10 potency wise,

that picture looks an easy 7 or 8 mate,

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Skunky n funky View Post
    Considering it was your first grow, I think growing a solid 4 is a decent start. I am guessing if you grew out the same strain again, you would grow it at a 6...... If some of us with a lot of grows under our belts, we could probably push it towards a 7 maybe 8. There is no reason a cheese shouldnt have a damn good smell, gotta love the smell of them cheeses. Second it looks like she was pushing a lot of pistils and foxtailing in late flower. This is a sign of a stressed plant, (unless its a genetic thing) as temps light intensity and general environment I feel play the biggest factor in this. Some! of the sugar leafs are showing signs of nute burn, not much but some. You can also see some of those funky leafs in the bud, these are from a stress issue too, which I am guessing is light.... Did you rotate the plant? I am in no way shape or form bashing you for your grow, as a matter of fact you need to be damn proud of that cause she looks stunning. How long did you cure the buds before writing a report?? In my humble opinion you cant have a real "smoke" report till you have atleast a 3 week cure, if not closer to 8 weeks. Its amazing what happens to a good bud after a true cure, there are some serious changes in those late weeks of it. Did you get into your trichomes and ensure peak ripeness? I cant really tell from the pics, but I am seeing a lot of glistening white in those.... I am guessing the amber content was pretty low.... again, thc seems to change more late in flower then before that. When thc goes to amber it begins to degrade into a whole new molecule....

Just some shit to think about..... blue cheese is a solid ass strain, as are the genetics....... I am willing to guess this was more user error then a real accurate review of a seed strain.

Then again they were fucking freebies........ They give them away for a reason....
    they definitely look potent, is why i commented on the potency,
    they definitely look like tasty buds,

Thanks

Great points Skunky and thank you for the feedback. To clarify: I am smoking smaller nugs that have cured less than a week. All the big, better looking nugs are going to cure 3+ weeks before I try them. So I expect the smoke and stone ratings to improve by 1 point at that time. I think the genetics were probably not the best, because I grew two of them from seed and they grew wildly different from each other. One stretched like mad and had to be supported with twine because it was so lanky, and the other was the complete opposite and super stocky.

Undoubtedly, I made some mistakes along the way. These plants were heavily defoliated which may have stunted their THC production. I did check with a loupe and there were quite a few ambers. I think I may have actually chopped a little late, rather than too soon. As far as the smell, it certainly smells strong but maybe I just haven't developed a taste for it. I haven't been around much Cheese in my life and after growing it, trimming it, drying and curing it, maybe I'm just sick of the smell. It's kinda like after you cook a big meal for the family, and you don't have an appetite when it's finished because you've been hovering over the stove smelling it for hours. If that analogy makes sense to anyone lol.

I am not a professional cannabis judge. I may be grading it more harshly than most would. Just to clarify my scale:

This is probably a 1 or 2...

and this is a 10...

<------- found a seed in this bud I'll be growing it in my next diary
    Last edited by superbeasto; 09-02-18 at 03:39 PM.

Thanks

Okay that comparison wasn't fair because no flash. Here's the same photo with flash.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,120 Times

U did good kid, u did good.... that one bud looks fire as shit!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Skunky n funky For This Useful Post:

superbeasto (11-02-18)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast