Thread: Outdoor greenhouse in Spain

Thanks

Default Outdoor greenhouse in Spain

Hiya all!

Ok its question time again..do any of you live in warmer climates and grow your autos in a greenhouse? Last year I had a nightmare with humidity and grasshoppers, I live in a village in rural Spain so bugs are a major issue, my first year of doing autos went great, I had no problems at all but last year I lost half of my plants, the weather was crap and the mountain was infested with massive grasshoppers, so this year ive been looking at different material greenhouses with loads of ventilation but im worried over my plants being scorched?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,792 Times

couldent you use a thin mesh ..... old net curtains etc and make up a frame for the door / windows etc so the air will come in ... heat gets out and the grasshoppers are buggered ....

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,576 Times

Quote Originally Posted by nuevochica View Post
    Hiya all!

Ok its question time again..do any of you live in warmer climates and grow your autos in a greenhouse? Last year I had a nightmare with humidity and grasshoppers, I live in a village in rural Spain so bugs are a major issue, my first year of doing autos went great, I had no problems at all but last year I lost half of my plants, the weather was crap and the mountain was infested with massive grasshoppers, so this year ive been looking at different material greenhouses with loads of ventilation but im worried over my plants being scorched?
    u can use some organic bug spray to keep the bugs off. i use karanja oil mixed with some yucca and it works great to help control bugs.

When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

2018 Outdoor extravaganza https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...r-extravaganza

2017 outdoor guerilla grow https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...tdoor-escapade

2016 guerilla grow finished https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...adventure-2016

Thanks

Hiya,

I have found a greenhouse i can adapt off ebay which looks ideal, I used some persiana nets last year so im hoping with those, my greenhouse and neem spray i can keep the grasshoppers off...ive lived here 12 years and never seen them the size they were last year, its depressing sat out at night and all you can hear is them crunching on your plants!!

Thanks

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by nuevochica View Post
    Hiya,

its depressing sat out at night and all you can hear is them crunching on your plants!!
    lol
    .................................................. ...........................

Thanks

I live in Spain and grow my autos at my parents chalet near Xativa, second hottest city in Spain - I've only been growing a year, but my dads been doing autos and fem for 10 years there and he had caterpillars ONE year, that's it. He uses no preventive products, and still gets absolutely no insects. We've checked plants growing in the area and none of them seem to be repellents. Wish I could help, as I know the kind of climate you're on about, but unfortunately we've been lucky. We get those grasshoppers too, but they stick to the garden & don't go near the plants.