Thread: Need some help - something definitely wrong.

Thanks

Exclamation Need some help - something definitely wrong.

Alright, not my first grow but my first in hydroponics so yeah im a little newbie. Have a RDWC system with two 5 gallon buckets.

Hydro

THC BOMB

PHOTO

Plants are 3.5 weeks in the pics.

5 gallon pots

Never repotted

Hydroton

Using the standard general hydroponics lineup along with some cal mag, root excelurator, and amino treatment

Air temps outside of tent approximately 64-68. Air temps inside tent around 72-78.

Res temp varies between 60-65 degrees

Humidity around 60%

Bestva 2000 watt led. 4x4 grow tent

Light schedule: 18 6

PH varies between 5.6-6.2

EC is currently at 1.6. The problem occurred before i increased the EC. problem started around 2 weeks when the EC was around .8.

Im growing two plants (THC bomb) right next to each other in a RDWC system. The one is absolutely fine. Looks great and how it should. The other one looks like death warmed up.

I initially thought it was a heat problem (like a warm spot in the tent) so i added a couple fans to blow right over both plants and increased the distance from the tops. The symptoms got worse.

Flushed. That didnt really do anything. Im about to start playing around with the nutes but i dont see why the other plant would be doing fine when they both are in the same water. Any ideas?

The problem started almost right away when it was still a seedling. Wrote it off as a genetic defect. It had many twisting leaves. However symptoms are getting worse and im about to lose her so i need guidance.

First two pics are how it started. The last pic is what i walked into today. Any help would be great.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0334.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	62.3 KB 
ID:	356773   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0337.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	60.3 KB 
ID:	356774   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0350.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	71.4 KB 
ID:	356775  

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Tyemco For This Useful Post:

Ironman (16-02-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 48,497 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Tyemco View Post
    Alright, not my first grow but my first in hydroponics so yeah im a little newbie. Have a RDWC system with two 5 gallon buckets.

Hydro

THC BOMB

PHOTO

Plants are 3.5 weeks in the pics.

5 gallon pots

Never repotted

Hydroton

Using the standard general hydroponics lineup along with some cal mag, root excelurator, and amino treatment

Air temps outside of tent approximately 64-68. Air temps inside tent around 72-78.

Res temp varies between 60-65 degrees

Humidity around 60%

Bestva 2000 watt led. 4x4 grow tent

Light schedule: 18 6

PH varies between 5.6-6.2

EC is currently at 1.6. The problem occurred before i increased the EC. problem started around 2 weeks when the EC was around .8.

Im growing two plants (THC bomb) right next to each other in a RDWC system. The one is absolutely fine. Looks great and how it should. The other one looks like death warmed up.

I initially thought it was a heat problem (like a warm spot in the tent) so i added a couple fans to blow right over both plants and increased the distance from the tops. The symptoms got worse.

Flushed. That didnt really do anything. Im about to start playing around with the nutes but i dont see why the other plant would be doing fine when they both are in the same water. Any ideas?

The problem started almost right away when it was still a seedling. Wrote it off as a genetic defect. It had many twisting leaves. However symptoms are getting worse and im about to lose her so i need guidance.

First two pics are how it started. The last pic is what i walked into today. Any help would be great.
    I know very little with hydro but I've seen plants looking like that with PH issues.

Have you calibrated your pen?

Do you have a second pen to compare readings?

Hopefully you know all that already tho, I had to ask.

Are you in Rockwall cubes?
    If so they like a lower PH around 5.5.

That's all my hydro knowledge out Lol, good luck😉

Sent from, Thames Iron Works.
    Last edited by Ironman; 16-02-18 at 07:01 PM.

Thanks

No rockwool. roots are directly in the hydroton. I have two PH meters that i use and i use indicator drops to be extra sure.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tyemco For This Useful Post:

Ironman (16-02-18), M_C (16-02-18)

Thanks

Hello mate, if those plants are 3 and a half weeks old your ec is far too high. Lower it to where they were last actively feeding, I would guess around 0.50-0.60. Maintain your ph at 5.60 and just wait for your ec to drop before you raise it again.
    Last edited by ladymaryjane; 16-02-18 at 10:04 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ladymaryjane For This Useful Post:

Tyemco (16-02-18)