Thread: Wtf? Dying leaves and mutant 11 fingered fan leaf????

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,385 Times

Default Wtf? Dying leaves and mutant 11 fingered fan leaf????

Is this from underwatering? No yellowing, just dying! I admit I think I've given way less water than I shoukd have. These girls grew seriously quickly? Were doing perfect and then all of a sudden..... Saw it one one leaf yesterday and assumed it was water damage but just checked them and all the fan leaves are like this, chrispy and fucked!

Also picked one off and it's a mutant, like a Siamese twin leaf, 11 fingers in all, wtf is that about??

They're under 900w of LED, at 25" away, lights are on 24/0, temps at 26-29oc. Forgot to check the RH when 1st opened the door but I THINK it's around the 55% mark (will check in the morning and update.

So just gave a massive soaking in the hope that, that is the problem.

Does underwatering look like this?

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Those who mind don't matter, those that matter don't mind!

Current grow- https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...600w-Mars-Leds

Thanks

P.s they are 20 day old Auto OG Kush in B&Q verve multi purpose. Here they were 6 days ago.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Missy For This Useful Post:

MrEnigma (20-02-18)

Thanks

No feed given as yet. If it's underwatering, do you think they'll recover to a reasonable level or should I ditch and start over?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Missy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Looks like it could be under watering !

you really need t be checking the plants more often for water when growing indoors ,

I work alot and taking that into account thats why i decided to grow in hydro (DWC)

my roots are in water 24/7 in 5 gallon buckets meaning i dont have to worry about them drying out and i have to check the water less often

If you gave them water and they picked up a bit then thats your problem ,

If not check the ph of the soil and especially check the roots of the plants
    Last edited by MrEnigma; 20-02-18 at 09:44 AM.

MrChedHead Guest

Iv said it once an il say it again, ditch the dirt MRS an get on the coco train, you will love it, choo chooo 👍🏼

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MrChedHead For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TT View Post
    Iv said it once an il say it again, ditch the dirt MRS an get on the coco train, you will love it, choo chooo ����
    I agree 100% ( 1st time coco user ) and i already love the stuff

Thanks

Lol If I can't remember to water then switching to coco would be a frikkin mistake for me lol.

It was just a daft mistake, not to be repeated.

They're absolutely fine today, green, perky and new growth. No harm done apart from loosing a few fan leaves of course on 2 of them.

Anyone know anything about the freaky 11 fingered fan leaf?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Missy For This Useful Post:

G' (03-03-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,620 Times

Quote Originally Posted by UK-MRS View Post
    Lol If I can't remember to water then switching to coco would be a frikkin mistake for me lol.

It was just a daft mistake, not to be repeated.

They're absolutely fine today, green, perky and new growth. No harm done apart from loosing a few fan leaves of course on 2 of them.

Anyone know anything about the freaky 11 fingered fan leaf?

Hi UK glad you got your girls back on track, i'm pretty much similar to you in that i couldn't switch from soil because i'm not guaranteed to be fit enough to get in there to water or feed every day so looks like i'm gonna be a long term soil grower and i'm quite happy with that anyway, i don't think the mutant leaf is a problem i've known growers have them similar without problems though one of the more experienced growers may chip in with more details on the subject, atb UK, G'.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fatha G' View Post
    Hi UK glad you got your girls back on track, i'm pretty much similar to you in that i couldn't switch from soil because i'm not guaranteed to be fit enough to get in there to water or feed every day so looks like i'm gonna be a long term soil grower and i'm quite happy with that anyway, i don't think the mutant leaf is a problem i've known growers have them similar without problems though one of the more experienced growers may chip in with more details on the subject, atb UK, G'.
    Or try hydro dwc then you only have to check every few days and plants get 100% the water and food they need plus tons of oxygen !! 777

As a side effect the hydro's will easy grow twice as large as the soil plants

14. The Following User Says Thank You to MrEnigma For This Useful Post:

G' (03-03-18)

Thanks

More often for water when growing indoors ,