Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Canna Coco

Thanks

Default Canna Coco

Hey there. I've been using Canna Coco for a while now, my experience has been alright. But, I get the same issue with every grow, which is how much nutrient I can use. Anything above .5 to 1ml will immediately give my plants severe nute burn and turn them nearly black with nitrogen toxicity. I've read countless guides telling people to dose at least 5ml, sometimes up to 10+, yet I can't go anywhere near those amounts. So what's up with my grows, am I dealing with black magic or what?

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to greenthumber1 For This Useful Post:

Farmer Geddon (04-11-21), GEORGE (07-11-21), Hippy Crack (23-02-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,676 Times

Nope your dealing with ml when you should be dealing with ph and ec.
    No black magic.
    Feed EC strength depends on plant age.

Grow your own medicine.
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...o-clay-pebbles

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Hippy Crack For This Useful Post:

Farmer Geddon (04-11-21), GEORGE (07-11-21), grassmaker (23-04-18), joker_the_smoker (23-02-18), M_C (23-02-18), peteetah (01-05-18), Valentina (31-03-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by greenthumber1 View Post
    Hey there. I've been using Canna Coco for a while now, my experience has been alright. But, I get the same issue with every grow, which is how much nutrient I can use. Anything above .5 to 1ml will immediately give my plants severe nute burn and turn them nearly black with nitrogen toxicity. I've read countless guides telling people to dose at least 5ml, sometimes up to 10+, yet I can't go anywhere near those amounts. So what's up with my grows, am I dealing with black magic or what?
    When feeding coco you need to treat it different from feeding in soil ,

1st you need to have a ph pen , This is mega important . In coco your plants can only uptake certain nutrients at certain ph levels , The sweet spot for ph is 5.8 and according to online charts this is the only ph where ALL nutrients are available ,

If your ph is at the wrong level then you will 100% have sick plants growing in hydro or coco ,

Another point to make is ml per liter is a terrible way to feed your plants , You need to invest in a ec meter , This will get you accurate feeding levels , I feed mine in early veg @ EC 0.5 Veg ec 1.0 and during flower i feed a little more early @ ec 1.4 then drop back to ec 1.0 . this works out at about 16ml per 14 liter of water ( we have soft water here ) .

Another problem with coco that new people dont know is that it is VERY important to feed coco at least once a day , When feeding with coco its also super important that You have a 10-20% run off EVERY time as this stops old nutrients builidng upto toxic levels ( this is what i think your issue is ) . That way your plants have access to water and food 24 hours a day and with the flush you will wash away any unused feed from the last time you . Im a bit of an ocd with my plants so i also once every 7 days do a 50% flush with just ph water

Also make sure you are using coco feed
    Last edited by MrEnigma; 23-02-18 at 09:22 AM.

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to MrEnigma For This Useful Post:

Farmer Geddon (04-11-21), GEORGE (07-11-21), grassmaker (23-04-18), GreenBean420 (14-04-18), joker_the_smoker (23-02-18), M_C (02-03-18), peteetah (01-05-18), Silkadin (05-11-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

Quote Originally Posted by MrEigma View Post

1st you need to have a ph pen , This is mega important . In coco your plants can only uptake certain nutrients at certain ph levels , The sweet spot for ph is 5.8 and according to online charts this is the only ph where ALL nutrients are available ,

If your ph is at the wrong level then you will 100% have sick plants growing in hydro or coco ,

Another point to make is ml per liter is a terrible way to feed your plants , You need to invest in a ec meter , This will get you accurate feeding levels , I feed mine in early veg @ EC 0.5 Veg ec 1.0 and during flower i feed a little more early @ ec 1.4 then drop back to ec 1.0 . this works out at about 16ml per 14 liter of water ( we have soft water here ) .

Another problem with coco that new people dont know is that it is VERY important to feed coco at least once a day , When feeding with coco its also super important that You have a 10-20% run off EVERY time as this stops old nutrients builidng upto toxic levels ( this is what i think your issue is ) . That way your plants have access to water and food 24 hours a day and with the flush you will wash away any unused feed from the last time you . Im a bit of an ocd with my plants so i also once every 7 days do a 50% flush with just ph water

i agree with most of what you said and he should find it helpful. but the flushing every 7days is just pointless and unnecessary thats why we aim for 20-30% run off to keep media fresh an stop build up. only time i would flush is if there was an issue or.. mid flower when pk being used due to its high salt content.

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

Farmer Geddon (04-11-21), Fieldy (08-04-18), GEORGE (07-11-21), grassmaker (23-04-18), GreenBean420 (14-04-18), M_C (23-02-18), peteetah (01-05-18), Silkadin (05-11-21)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joker_the_smoker View Post
    i agree with most of what you said and he should find it helpful. but the flushing every 7days is just pointless and unnecessary thats why we aim for 20-30% run off to keep media fresh an stop build up. only time i would flush is if there was an issue or.. mid flower when pk being used due to its high salt content.
    like i said i only do that due to the ocd in me lol

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrEnigma For This Useful Post:

Farmer Geddon (04-11-21), GEORGE (07-11-21)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrEigma View Post

I've already got a ph pen and an EC/TDS pen. I ph my water to 5.8 every time and add roughly 50-100ppm depending on the stage at which I'm growing my plants. That's around 0.14 in EC. I know it may sound unbelivable but I'm serious.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to greenthumber1 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thought id throw my 2 cents in, i agree with most of the above, definitely feed coco everyday to 20% runoff , this should aviod salt build up or ph lockout. But you should still watch the ppms of your runoff and if it starts to climb above 250-300 + ppm more than what your feeding, you should then flush with qtr strength solution until your runoff levels are at you target or a little less, then resume normal feeding. You should never flush coco with plain phd water, it messes with the cation exchange capacity of the coco(i dont completely understand this, it has to do with the cocos ability to hold on to cal,mag and iron) you'll also likely re-buffer the mediums prebuffered ph level. Resulting in ph lockout ect 😁😎

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dr.argon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.argon View Post
    Thought id throw my 2 cents in, i agree with most of the above, definitely feed coco everyday to 20% runoff , this should aviod salt build up or ph lockout. But you should still watch the ppms of your runoff and if it starts to climb above 250-300 + ppm more than what your feeding, you should then flush with qtr strength solution until your runoff levels are at you target or a little less, then resume normal feeding. You should never flush coco with plain phd water, it messes with the cation exchange capacity of the coco(i dont completely understand this, it has to do with the cocos ability to hold on to cal,mag and iron) you'll also likely re-buffer the mediums prebuffered ph level. Resulting in ph lockout ect ����

gona have to disagree mate, i have always flushed with ph'ed water without any issues i prefer ph'ed water as you can get feed straight in afterwards an it will be at the correct ph level ready for absorption rather than wait days of feeding for the coco to be at the correct ph in the root zone.
    i have donee it this way since god knows when an its never been an issue an never cause ph lock out at all....
    Only time i dont ph is pre-harvest 2week flush.

horse for courses, each to there own

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

Farmer Geddon (04-11-21), GEORGE (07-11-21), grassmaker (23-04-18), peteetah (01-05-18), smoke weed everyday (04-11-21)

Macky Guest

I agree 100% with everything joker is saying. A ph flush and feed straight after is a good way to reset the ph to optimum levels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

grassmaker (23-04-18), peteetah (01-05-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joker_the_smoker View Post
    gona have to disagree mate, i have always flushed with ph'ed water without any issues i prefer ph'ed water as you can get feed straight in afterwards an it will be at the correct ph level ready for absorption rather than wait days of feeding for the coco to be at the correct ph in the root zone.
    i have donee it this way since god knows when an its never been an issue an never cause ph lock out at all....
    Only time i dont ph is pre-harvest 2week flush.

horse for courses, each to there own
    Haha thats weird man, i used to do exactly what your saying and id get burnt edges yellowing leaves ect ect , now i flush with qtr strength that never happens at all. I only have to do one qtr strength feed a week or so usually and that keeps my nutrients in flower at around 1200-1300 ppm most of the way through.😊 the worst ill get is slight tip burn if i push it a bit high.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dr.argon For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast