Thread: Water Oxygenation! Some diffusers may get your hands FREE

Thanks

Post Water Oxygenation! Some diffusers may get your hands FREE

As we know, in hydroponic growing techniques, one of the key factors to keep a healthy plus efficient fed plant, is the oxygenation through the water. I was trying to find more information about the best possible use of air stones (which had led me to some crazy options of an emitter).
    Probably the most people have found that some air stones are the worst, so let me make some notices that i had over these products.

-First, the most air stones are easy to broke, plus if you are not handle them with ease they will leave waste on your tank/bucket.
    -The minerals that they made of, are holding the nutrient (also any dissolved) salts, even worst if you let the air stones to dry. *The salts can be easily removed by soaking the air stones in vinegar and then flush them under chlorinated tap water, also let them work with the air pump for 10 mins on a bowl with water before you use them in your tank.
    -There are differences between bubbling and fine bubbling, i found out that there are different patents available on the market, so choose carefully. As bigger the bubbles produced through the air stone, they make it faster to the surface so there's not much oxygen dissolved in water.
    -It seems that you need to be careful between the air stone you are going to choose for your air pump, as you need an efficient pump to fully running your stone to get the finest bubbles from it.
    -Till now im pretty sure that in most cases the cylinder air stones are great option only if you have the right holders to keep them on the tank's bottom but not touching it, as it helps to produce even more bubbles downwards.

Well now, i would like to ask you, if this option here gets your creativity into another level.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	61B0RjGj-KL._SL1100_.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	32.7 KB 
ID:	357136

It looks like a "bended to hold its style" hose, with lots of small holes on it, ready to get under a root system to create a wonderful jacuzzi. Im looking through to get your opinions and maybe proceed to a DIY as it seems like nothing to me, of course i have to choose between the diameter of the holes im going to make on the hose to keep the air pressure at the desirable point, as i want to check the efficiency of my air pump.

Product Name : Aquarium Air Curtain Bubble;Material : Rubber
    Pipe Diameter(Approx.) : 1cm/ 0.4";Pipe Length : 75cm/ 30"
    Inlet Connector Inner Dia. : 2mm/ 0.08";Inlet Connector Outside Dia. : 4mm/ 0.16"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BornToBeAgrower View Post
    As we know, in hydroponic growing techniques, one of the key factors to keep a healthy plus efficient fed plant, is the oxygenation through the water. I was trying to find more information about the best possible use of air stones (which had led me to some crazy options of an emitter).
    Probably the most people have found that some air stones are the worst, so let me make some notices that i had over these products.

-First, the most air stones are easy to broke, plus if you are not handle them with ease they will leave waste on your tank/bucket.
    -The minerals that they made of, are holding the nutrient (also any dissolved) salts, even worst if you let the air stones to dry. *The salts can be easily removed by soaking the air stones in vinegar and then flush them under chlorinated tap water, also let them work with the air pump for 10 mins on a bowl with water before you use them in your tank.
    -There are differences between bubbling and fine bubbling, i found out that there are different patents available on the market, so choose carefully. As bigger the bubbles produced through the air stone, they make it faster to the surface so there's not much oxygen dissolved in water.
    -It seems that you need to be careful between the air stone you are going to choose for your air pump, as you need an efficient pump to fully running your stone to get the finest bubbles from it.
    -Till now im pretty sure that in most cases the cylinder air stones are great option only if you have the right holders to keep them on the tank's bottom but not touching it, as it helps to produce even more bubbles downwards.

Well now, i would like to ask you, if this option here gets your creativity into another level.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	61B0RjGj-KL._SL1100_.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	32.7 KB 
ID:	357136

It looks like a "bended to hold its style" hose, with lots of small holes on it, ready to get under a root system to create a wonderful jacuzzi. Im looking through to get your opinions and maybe proceed to a DIY as it seems like nothing to me, of course i have to choose between the diameter of the holes im going to make on the hose to keep the air pressure at the desirable point, as i want to check the efficiency of my air pump.

Product Name : Aquarium Air Curtain Bubble;Material : Rubber
    Pipe Diameter(Approx.) : 1cm/ 0.4";Pipe Length : 75cm/ 30"
    Inlet Connector Inner Dia. : 2mm/ 0.08";Inlet Connector Outside Dia. : 4mm/ 0.16"
    Get a hose and an air filter your ready to roll.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to shroomgod For This Useful Post:

BornToBeAgrower (27-02-18)