Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Pls help; Drooping, whirlpool leaves and slow growth, after cold weather

Macky Guest

In coco you should feed everyday mate. Never let the coco dry out, it'll mess with the microbe balance in the medium. If they're over feed, still feed them, just at a lower EC, but you should feed them every day, at max every two to keep fresh food in them. (My iPhone keeps correcting food, and turning it into good, it really pissing me off)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (04-03-18), joker_the_smoker (04-03-18)

Macky Guest

And I don't think it's a good idea to blast heat at your pots. The root zone needs to be kept cool, if it's too warm, you'll get root rot and fungus

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,613 Times

I'm not a coco grower so if it's not a good idea to let some air in then I wouldn't but you seriously need to get some heat into your room and keep your pots warm. Warm pots make happy roots ... coco might be a total diff thing tho... I grow organic.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to leafy For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (04-03-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Machi View Post
    And I don't think it's a good idea to blast heat at your pots. The root zone needs to be kept cool, if it's too warm, you'll get root rot and fungus

Too warm? His temps are obviously too low I don't see how he's suddenly start getting root rot from fungus from heat... obviously running a warm fan needs to be done with a touch of common sense.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to leafy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

In coco you should feed everyday mate. Never let the coco dry out, it'll mess with the microbe balance in the medium. If they're over feed, still feed them, just at a lower EC, but you should feed them every day, at max every two to keep fresh food in them. (My iPhone keeps correcting food, and turning it into good, it really pissing me off)

Any advice on a solution ?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to leafy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GreenBalls View Post
    Well as I say, they've been through an extreme cold patch, but I've got the temps back to about 23c again.
    Yes a couple of them were already overfed, too high EC, but I only water them every 2-3 days at the moment.
    What's concerning is that since getting temps back up, I still have some drooping twisty leaves.
    As long as this doesn't meant imminent death, then I can chill out. I might blow a heater at the roots for a while if you still think this may help.
    Cheers
    I'm not too sure what to suggest then... it's obvious been down to cold temps but they do also look like they have been overfed

I'm not a coco grower but I hate big wet cold pots :/... it = disaster .. coco or soil

12. The Following User Says Thank You to leafy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GreenBalls View Post
    Well as I say, they've been through an extreme cold patch, but I've got the temps back to about 23c again.
    Yes a couple of them were already overfed, too high EC, but I only water them every 2-3 days at the moment.
    What's concerning is that since getting temps back up, I still have some drooping twisty leaves.
    As long as this doesn't meant imminent death, then I can chill out. I might blow a heater at the roots for a while if you still think this may help.
    Cheers
    Are your pots cold to the touch? ? Feel them it regardless what your temps say and see if they feel room temp at least. I run a fan in a cold place on my pots with ZERO problems and that's coco and organic soil. Just have a bit of common sense. Your better to raise temps another way if possible tho. Just sometimes it's not always possible... I know hence running a warm fan

14. The Following User Says Thank You to leafy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

The cold would have shocked them an stunted the shit outta them!! Any thing lower than 12 can kill them.
    Get heater in there on timer dont let night temp go past 18.
    Wots your back ground ec? What your final feed EC? What you givin them an how much per litre?
    You feedin to 30% run off everyday?
    Wots ph been also?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

leafy (04-03-18)

Thanks

You can overwater in coco and you CAN let your pots dry out if you have big wet cold pots. If he does nothing and keeps throwing feed and water at a cold pot it won't help. It's a myth that you can't over water and NEVER to let pots dry out in coco. Maybe you could offer some advice?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to leafy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

Quote Originally Posted by leafy View Post
    You can overwater in coco and you CAN let your pots dry out if you have big wet cold pots. If he does nothing and keeps throwing feed and water at a cold pot it won't help. It's a myth that you can't over water and NEVER to let pots dry out in coco. Maybe you could offer some advice?

You will struggle to over water a plant in full flower in coco. Even in veg mate. Only time you risk over waterin in coco is very early seedling/veg days.
    Lettin coco go bone dry aint good at it fuks with ph an will cause a build up of salts.
    Although letin em dry slightly aint a deal breaker jus not bone dry

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

carpetburn (04-03-18), leafy (04-03-18)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast