Thread: Male/female Ratio?

Thanks

Default Male/female Ratio?

If you cross a regular male with a feminized female and make seeds, will there be a 50/50 seed ratio or even more female seeds because of the feminized female that has all female genes?
    I have grown like 15 plants from my created seeds and all have been females.
    What do you guys think?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Crosser For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (16-03-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 23,218 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Crosser View Post
    If you cross a regular male with a feminized female and make seeds, will there be a 50/50 seed ratio or even more female seeds because of the feminized female that has all female genes?
    I have grown like 15 plants from my created seeds and all have been females.
    What do you guys think?
    Wow, one year old thread...

Here's my 2 cents: what I have read is that there will be more females, can't remember the reasons now, it was beyond the XY chromosomes 1:1 ratio, but other factors.

As I recall the ratio was like 1 male to 2 females, or even 1 to 3.

The feminised female has ALL female genes, but when reproducing, the 2 strands of DNA split so if a male pollen carrying the Y chromosome hits the feminised flowers, there really ought to be chances of male seeds.

Just thinking out loud here, would straight male pollen hitting a feminised female yield plants less likely to hermie than a feminised female plant?
    One Love, and Mon The Talk!
    The Six L Rule: No Smell, No Tell, No Sell,
    And mind those deci-BELS

May we all cross the line safe and sound, time after time, everytime.

FORUM RULES

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (16-03-19), M_C (16-03-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,416 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Valentina View Post
    Wow, one year old thread...

Here's my 2 cents: what I have read is that there will be more females, can't remember the reasons now, it was beyond the XY chromosomes 1:1 ratio, but other factors.

As I recall the ratio was like 1 male to 2 females, or even 1 to 3.

The feminised female has ALL female genes, but when reproducing, the 2 strands of DNA split so if a male pollen carrying the Y chromosome hits the feminised flowers, there really ought to be chances of male seeds.

Just thinking out loud here, would straight male pollen hitting a feminised female yield plants less likely to hermie than a feminised female plant?
    Not sure how breeding works but I had an accidental moment..a couple of years back I grew some reg seeds they were dna genetics /Crockett family farm seeds sour banana sherbet,if my memory serves me right MC got the same beans from spannabis lol it's the important things I forget...anyhow I'm sure I had 12 regs and from what I remember I got 9 plants and 5 female ,the males went in the bin and the fems into flower ,I lost 3 of the fems 3 weeks into flower as they were hermie Beyond anything I've seen I had bud sites and male flowers on every arm ,I notice way to late and grow was yield wise very low and seeded ..I kept only roughly 20 seeds back knowing/thinking they be dodgy genetics at best ...I decided some months later to grow just 1 and it turned out female and went all the way to chop ,so you've guessed it ...all the seeds I held back were viable problem free and went full term ...wether this is down to luck or normal I've no idea....when I notice the plants had hermie they were removed from groom obviously I forgot to say
    Last edited by Sadface; 26-03-19 at 01:24 AM.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sadface For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-03-19), Valentina (26-03-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 23,218 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Sadface View Post
    ... anyhow I'm sure I had 12 regs and from what I remember I got 9 plants and 5 female ,the males went in the bin and the fems into flower ,I lost 3 of the fems 3 weeks into flower as they were hermie Beyond anything I've seen I had bud sites and male flowers on every arm... yield wise very low and seeded ..I kept only roughly 20 seeds back knowing/thinking they be dodgy genetics at best ...I decided some months later to grow just 1 and it turned out female and went all the way to chop ,so you've guessed it ...all the seeds I held back were viable problem free and went full term ...
    Wow, thanks Sadface. That is very interesting!

1. So we have viability issue at 75%;
    2. Slightly higher male:female ratio
    3. Hermies at 33%
    4. One S1 remained female

Wow again.

I wonder if hermaphroditism is recessive, or partially recessive then...? Could be a good thing, could be bad, could be something else all together!

I must admit I have held onto the S1 Mama Thai seeds as well and I am hoping that they are female too.

But the male to female ratio thing, there could be a range that is somewhere in the middle, though probably not always dead on.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (31-03-19), Sadface (26-03-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,468 Times

I hit 6 out 6 males once, some one must have gotten the Females.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

Valentina (31-03-19)