Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Deficiency before flowering

Hobbit Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bethmeg View Post
    I dont need to ph generally.

Water starts at 7.3ph 0.4ec.

I add my nutes including the cal/mag (which has a negligible effect on the ph for me.)

This usually gives me a ph of 5.8 ec 1.3.

I only tend to use ph down in the early days when adding little nutes so not reducing the ph enough.

Dont want to confuse the op though as Im talking hydro.

But some info on the cal/mag I use

Prevents and cures magnesium deficiency which causes yellow leaves and boosts the effectivness of your PK. Also regulates nutrient transport and strengthens cells and supports photosynthesis and enzyme processes. As well as Calcium and Magnesium for healthy growth, Magne Cal+ also Includes a full complement of trace elements

Total Nitrogen (N) 8.0%

Nitric Nitrogen 7.0%

Ammoniacal Nitrogen 1.0%

Water-soluble calcium oxide (CaO) 7.1%

Water-soluble magnesium oxide (MgO) 3.5%

Iron (Fe) chelated by EDTA 0.04%

Manganese (Mn) chelated by EDTA 0.01%

Zinc (Zn) chelated by EDTA 0.006%

N 2.6%
    P 0.1%
    K 0.3%

The brand I use does not say whether to water in or drench it just says apply lol.

I like it for the traces it includes also.I find I hit problems without it and always use it,especially through flowering as it helps with p/k uptake.

There are organic versions for soil.

Op Just give a good feed of whatever you have with runoff adding a little cal/mag if you have it.

Wait till you dry out a tad before repeating.It will take a few days to see what effect (if any) this has.
    I use a product similar in analysis to this and its fine in soil.
    To th OP, iron or mag deff shows up as yellowing in the leaf, the way to differentiate is in the veination . When your iron deff the veins remain green while the rest of the leaf goes yellow as you have here. I use Bloom brand calmag which contains iron as is the product Beth is talking about. Ive used it at full strength 1ml/ltr watering after watering and no drama. I use it at 0.25ml/ltr now as it seems sufficient.
    Last edited by Hobbit; 22-03-18 at 10:36 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4