Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: RO Filter

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,434 Times

Here are the filters for my system the fifth filter is the rod membrane and gets cleaned by the system. An ro system is just that. I hope this helps some.

Current journal grow started march 11
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-dirt-4x4-tent

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 420Rancher For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (12-02-19), Dreger (29-04-18), GEORGE (28-05-18), THE DARK KNIGHT (26-03-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wsg View Post
    Negative. The systems you are comparing would normally be the same, with the exception of the last filter, forget what's it's called but not needed for hydroponics, I did use the last filter when I had a salt water aquarium. I might not know the names but I do know what you are talking about. The flow rate thru the system is the issue.

This is much similar to my system, I recommend ordering replacement filters, as they do require changing.
    As stated above a simple float on a reservoir keep me supplied for my garden. I also plumb a line to my live systems to keep the res topped up.

Current journal grow started march 11
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-dirt-4x4-tent
    Thanks that’s exactly the info I needed. I thought that’d be the case. So I just want a 5 stage RO filter with enough flow rate for what I need.

Thanks pal probably saved me £100

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to THE DARK KNIGHT For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (12-02-19), Dreger (29-04-18), GEORGE (28-05-18), M_C (27-05-18)

Thanks

is one of the benefits of ro not that it gets rid of pythium....if your running an ozone generator to sterilise the air your not going to want shit coming in your tap.

don't forget to use a uv sterilizer for your water

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ast.enthus For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (12-02-19), GEORGE (28-05-18)

Thanks

Yeah Percie has already mentioned it but Filnerfilters do some great filters at a brilliant price, £45, does 50 gallons a day and doesn't even register on my bluelabs truncheon

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kezgwarn For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (12-02-19), GEORGE (25-09-18)

Thanks

Vyair and RO-Man are 2 companies I could recommend from the aquarium side for people looking good stuff.

I have a 4 stage pumped vyair unit.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to walkaway For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (12-02-19), GEORGE (25-09-18)

Thanks

I think Dow is the best. Filmtech. If you can afford it.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lifelikedice For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (12-02-19), GEORGE (21-02-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 50,169 Times

I went as cheap as I could find. 5 stage. EC is 0.0 and i have no complaints.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-02-19), Trex (12-02-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times

I got mine through my plumbing wholesaler . 7 stage .worth 8-900$ retail .paid 600$ .

Now before you assemble it . Put on some latex gloves . Dip the Membrane in chlorine . Moulds will fester if you dont do it . Its very low flow ,Dark and warm .
    Rinse all the filter also . They all have a dust on it that can clog the membrane .

If you dont . Legionnaire disease might occur . I say might .

That said . Place the r.o where it is warm enough . The waste water is notorious for cooling down sewage pipes since its cintinously dischsrging . It will cool down and solidify any greases and oils being flushed down the drains .

Once a year im unblocking my sinks waste pipes because of it and the waste from the r.o is 10-18 degrees . So imagine it discharging at lower .

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (12-02-19), GEORGE (21-02-19)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2