Thread: First Grow Curing Queries

Thanks

Question First Grow Curing Queries

This is my first post on the website and hopefully it is in the correct place. Essentially my issue is that once everythings done growing, and after harvest, ill need to cure and dry it, which due to certain implications cant be done too easily, ie; the hanging of the stems etc to dry cant be done in my wardrobe or anywhere indoors for that matter.

This leaves me with a crucial hurdle to overcome, so what i was wondering is, can i theoretically, place my stuff in a shoe box, with holes poked in for ventilation, then cover the shoe box with waterproof material, and theoretically lets say it is now water tight in a box with ventilation. The next step would be placing it outside (because i cant leave it inside) and checking on it too make sure it stays dry, potentially leaving it under natural shelter etc. I live in the UK by the way.

Would this work?

(TL;DR - leaving grow in a cardboard box with holes in, then waterproofed and left outside in natural shelter to dry because i cant dry indoors, would this work)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Tdsj For This Useful Post:

MonsterEnergy (24-03-18)

Bejeweled 2 Action Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 18,391 Times

could depending on a few things, humidity and temperature are the things you wanna keep the best you can,
    high humidity can cause budrot, id try and make sure the air passes threw this 'outside waterproofed space' and not just 1-2 little air holes on one side,

if it's ur only choice i guess you will soon see if it works,

The Aspie Toker Guest

Why can't you dry/cure it in the same place you grew it? A number of people do that.

To me, this doesn't make sense... "place my stuff in a shoe box, with holes poked in for ventilation, then cover the shoe box with waterproof material, and theoretically lets say it is now water tight in a box with ventilation."

How can something be water tight, yet have ventilation? I can see you getting bud rot.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to The Aspie Toker For This Useful Post:

Dirty_badger (24-03-18)

Thanks

With the humidity in the UK the way it is at the moment, I wouldn't risk it. It was supposedly 100% RH today. Never mind that, but your bud is susceptible to other dangers. Theft, mistakenly throwing away, animals (this one is a far fetched but you never know). Why cant you just keep it inside somewhere?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to th4k1ng For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 13,095 Times

As Aspie said just dry it in where ever you've grown it, after all the hard work you've put in throughout the grow and extra 14 days drying time isn't gonna make any difference.

I don't understand why you say you'd have to dry it outside 🤔🙃

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirty_badger For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,620 Times

I ride along with the guys here, you are almost guaranteed disaster drying outside and as already said why not dry where you grow, i've dried popcorn buds in a shoe box in my groom a few times you just gotta be in there maybe a couple of times a day to let in some fresh air and gently stir them around, which ever way you choose i wish you luck brother, G'.
    FIGHTING FOR PEACE IS LIKE FU#@ING FOR VIRGINITY

11. The Following User Says Thank You to G' For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I would dry it where ive grown, but ill be growing it outside (its an auto) and then after its harvested ill need to dry it if needs be ill dry it in the garage but its a little risky.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tdsj For This Useful Post:

Dirty_badger (25-03-18), G' (25-03-18)