Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: First seed to be planted in the next day or so

Hobbit Guest

haha so i take it your in NSW lol. yeah mate i just chopped a couple of autos wich I was dragging inside each night under light for the extra hours. After about 3 weeks I just left em outside, so they were on 12 12 really. I wsnt overly impressed, I believe they had much more potential with more light hours. In saying that Ive grown a fair few plants now that I have tried putting outside in the day aand under lights at night. Gotta say it seems to fek the plants around, they dont respond well to it at all. Ive tried that trick with cfl and hps same result either way. Unhappy plants with fek all vigour. By the way daylight savings has fek all to do with it, not come across aplant that can read a clock yet lol. Im guessing with a comment like that your either from QLD or WA lol.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Hobbit For This Useful Post:

M_C (28-03-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,736 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Coasta007 View Post
    Thanks. I can start off in a smaller pot but from the reading I've done, it stresses the plant so I thought I'd plant it in the larger pot from the get go. I was going to go to the nursery and bit some good potting/plant mix.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    I put mine directly into 11ltr pots on germination using Canna terra mix without issues, apart from a little over feeding at first. Didnt think of nutes already in soil and Canna Terra is a good one.

Thanks

Ok. Thanks. I went to Bunning and bought 11L pots, filled them with good potting mix and planted the seed in it. I germinate the seed in water for 24 hours.

Hopefully they surface in the next week or so. I buried them about 20mm under the surface

Hobbit Guest

Yeah mate autos straight to 11 ltr pots is perfect. What brand potting mix did you buy? They are all pre loaded with slow release nutrients mate so you wont need to feed for some time. You could bury em less next time mate. General rule for all seed is bury em double the seed size.. So if you were growing really tiny seeds like poppy for example you wouldnt cover them at all if ya get me.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hobbit For This Useful Post:

AND (28-03-18), Valentina (29-03-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
    Yeah mate autos straight to 11 ltr pots is perfect. What brand potting mix did you buy? They are all pre loaded with slow release nutrients mate so you wont need to feed for some time. You could bury em less next time mate. General rule for all seed is bury em double the seed size.. So if you were growing really tiny seeds like poppy for example you wouldnt cover them at all if ya get me.
    Thanks for the rip about the seed deprh. I definitely went too deep. About 15 5mm deep.

I bought the potting mix in the attached picture. I hope this is ok

Thanks

Bloody auto correct. Thanks for the tip about the seed depth I definitely planted them too deep. I planted them about 15mm deep.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2