Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: First seed to be planted in the next day or so

Thanks

Default First seed to be planted in the next day or so

G'day all.

I came across 4 seeds while I was chopping up some cures buds I got and I am in the process of germinating them. Im germinating them by placing them in a saucer in between 2 wet paper napkins.

I checked them this morning and 2 of them have tiny little tails growing out of them so I assume they are just about ready to be planted in a pot.

I have no idea what strain the seeds are or any detail on them. Once I plant them can I leave the pots outside as I live in Australia so the weather is still quite nice at night and our days are still fairly long due to daylight savings.

I still have very limited idea on what I'm doing but I guess I'll suck it and see.

I'll keep this thread as a lot and I'll update with photos.

Any suggestions on soil type to buy because I want to plant the seed in it's final pot from now or is it a better idea to start it off in a smaller pot?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Coasta007 For This Useful Post:

Dirty_badger (24-03-18), M_C (28-03-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 13,095 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Coasta007 View Post
    G'day all.

I came across 4 seeds while I was chopping up some cures buds I got and I am in the process of germinating them. Im germinating them by placing them in a saucer in between 2 wet paper napkins.

I checked them this morning and 2 of them have tiny little tails growing out of them so I assume they are just about ready to be planted in a pot.

I have no idea what strain the seeds are or any detail on them. Once I plant them can I leave the pots outside as I live in Australia so the weather is still quite nice at night and our days are still fairly long due to daylight savings.

I still have very limited idea on what I'm doing but I guess I'll suck it and see.

I'll keep this thread as a lot and I'll update with photos.

Any suggestions on soil type to buy because I want to plant the seed in it's final pot from now or is it a better idea to start it off in a smaller pot?

I don't grow in dirt dude but I've been around the forum for a while and seen others that do, they plant in a small pot around the size of a coke can and then keep upping the size of the pot once the roots fill the previous pot and then re pot in the final size pot.

I can't really advise what what soil to grow in either as I have never had to purchase it, plus I don't know what's on offer in Australia.

ATB dirty_badger

Thanks

Thanks. I can start off in a smaller pot but from the reading I've done, it stresses the plant so I thought I'd plant it in the larger pot from the get go. I was going to go to the nursery and bit some good potting/plant mix.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Coasta007 For This Useful Post:

Dirty_badger (24-03-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 13,095 Times

Thanks. I can start off in a smaller pot but from the reading I've done, it stresses the plant so I thought I'd plant it in the larger pot from the get go. I was going to go to the nursery and bit some good potting/plant mix.

Have a look in the diary section of the forum dude there's a section dedicated to soil grows.

I grow in water so really have no clue about soil or coco.

Hobbit Guest

if your in oz mate we are on 12//12 daylight hours at the moment so will try and flower on you.What state you in mate??

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
    if your in oz mate we are on 12//12 daylight hours at the moment so will try and flower on you.What state you in mate??
    I'm in NEW. Unfortunately daylight savings ends this weekend. The seeds I have are auto flowering so I'm not sure if that will make a difference

Thanks

I'm in NSW

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Coasta007 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I'm in NSW

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,771 Times

I'm in NEW. Unfortunately daylight savings ends this weekend. The seeds I have are auto flowering so I'm not sure if that will make a difference

On an auto, the more hours of light, the better
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

Thanks

Yeh. Unfortunately I think I'm planting them at the wrong time. Hopefully I'll get some good buds from them

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Coasta007 For This Useful Post:

M_C (28-03-18)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast