Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Help! Seedling problem - Leaves curling downwards

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,434 Times

The only thing that really changed was the adding of nutes, popping one plug into another shouldn't harm them, but if it was done to early without proper rooting then it might be possible to drown the plants, given the shock of nutes. This only a guess, the symptoms do sound like water, but I think the cause was nutes.
    I hope it recovers might take some time, I would not rewater after the flush, unless the rock wool is super dry. How much roots were coming out of the plug before transplant?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 420Rancher For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-04-18)

Thanks

The other thing I noticed is I use to have a plastic cover over my 4-4 rock wool after transplant, is it possible light is penetrating the roots, between the plugs.

The red plant got mild nutes, the blue plant got water. Young plants don't need much these are about 18 day from sprout. Yes dirt but still shows the difference.

There will be a time to feed, maybe even force feed, but get a good root base first so the plant can handle the feed.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to 420Rancher For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-04-18)

Thanks

WSG - So I flushed the cubes today as the rockwool was nearing bone dry and measured the PPM of the run off water at 700!

Only 2 or 3 roots were barely showing through the bottom of the starter plug before I transplanted. So I think I definately done it too early, hence why the overwatering systems showing.

I will put some covers over the tops also as I think that's a good shout with light seepage between the plugs.

Fingers crossed they snap out of it over the next few days and establish a good root base, otherwise I will have to start from sratch and put this down to an expensive mistake.

PS: Your plants are looking super healthy for day 18!

Happy Easter

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to madzilla For This Useful Post:

420Rancher (01-04-18), GEORGE (05-04-18)

Thanks

So, what is your plan for the rockwool, are you doing a flood and drain table? Rock wool is great for hydroponics , IMO. Did you ph balance your larger cubes?

I recommend as your plants grow always measure the run off, if it is higher than your feed you are getting build up and are feeding to much. Your plants will tell you when to increase the feed, A great system has a balance of water and nutes being used so run off will be the same as the feed. Rock wool should never dry out, it is designed to be saturated but still have enough air for plants to thrive. Been years but I kinda remembering flooding twice a day when they were young and 4 times a day as they matured. As the rock wool gets dry the ec will increase.
    Hope some of that makes sense & I hope your weed survives your human intervention.

Current journal grow started march 11
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-dirt-4x4-tent

8. The Following User Says Thank You to 420Rancher For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-04-18)

Thanks

All you stated is very good...Yes ,indeed!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to LtlWilli For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-04-18)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2