Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Electrical conductivity and frequency

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joker_the_smoker View Post
    just robbin you of root space imo. coco has plenty aeration with out the pebbles, you can still do the frequent feeds, seen plenty the lads on here just use coco in the wilma. you could lash in little perlite if helps ya sleep like lol

few chaps have modified there so the roots go in to the res also.would have to have look around

see what the wilma folks says though tbh. i know redsiel uses one
    That's what its like though I would imagine as if adding some perlite in the mix? Instead use clay balls?

I do like the idea of coco but I don't know swinging towards the 60 coco 40 clay or even the gold label one is it not more of a hydro? I've been getting tiny buds in soil 3 times over and would like some nice big colas like you see around lol

2. The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBean420 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-04-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

Quote Originally Posted by GreenBean420 View Post
    That's what its like though I would imagine as if adding some perlite in the mix? Instead use clay balls?

I do like the idea of coco but I don't know swinging towards the 60 coco 40 clay or even the gold label one is it not more of a hydro? I've been getting tiny buds in soil 3 times over and would like some nice big colas like you see around lol
    perlite is nothing the same a clay balls though lol. if am honest coco needs feck all adding to it tbh. your call anyways bro.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

AND (10-04-18), GEORGE (11-04-18), GreenBean420 (10-04-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cantona View Post
    You’ll need the black drippers if your doing coco and go 100% coco like joker said. Those clay pebbles are just getting in the way.
    I’m a Wilma user so any questions then fire away dude.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hear what your saying with them getting in the way and about the questions what system you using? I'm thinking to get the big 25L version but I'm thinking don't just throw a cut in that big ole house right? So what do you do put smaller pots on the Wilma and pot em up?

Suppose I could use coco for starter pots then 60/40 for the 25l home?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBean420 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-04-18)

Thanks

perlite is nothing the same a clay balls though lol. if am honest coco needs feck all adding to it tbh. your call anyways bro.
    Have you tried the 60/40 mix mate?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBean420 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-04-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

Have you tried the 60/40 mix mate?
    no mate and i would'nt, 40% clay balls is just takin up valuable root space for me. i did once line the bottom of the pot with couple pebbles but again it was pointless tbh lol

each to there own mukka

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

AND (10-04-18), GEORGE (11-04-18), GreenBean420 (10-04-18)

Thanks

no mate and i would'nt, 40% clay balls is just takin up valuable root space for me. i did once line the bottom of the pot with couple pebbles but again it was pointless tbh lol

each to there own mukka
    Yeah might just give the 60/40 a go when there in the 25l depending on what cantona says about potting up and I assume you can still use canna coco a & b?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBean420 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-04-18)

Guest Guest

why not blue cantona they the flood ones i think, never used a wilma meself like. did you mod yours at all? i do like look them my only gripe is how close the pots are positioned next to each other
    Yeah I meant to put blue, bloody stoner. Nah I never modded mine, apart from drilling some extra holes in the tray for faster drainage. Some of them are too close, my first one had 8 pots in a 1.2x1.2 and they were 18 litres, ridiculous design.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Guest For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-04-18), GreenBean420 (11-04-18), joker_the_smoker (11-04-18)

Guest Guest

Yeah might just give the 60/40 a go when there in the 25l depending on what cantona says about potting up and I assume you can still use canna coco a & b?
    From my experimenting I’ve found no difference in yield between the 18 and 25 litres. I start in 1l then onto 6.5l then into final pot of 18.
    Yeah canna coco is the one.
    Don’t know if you’re aware but you wanna get a couple of air stones in the Wilma reservoir and and extra pump to keep it circulating.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Guest For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-04-18), GreenBean420 (11-04-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 19,812 Times

I've never used a wilma so cant comment on best media.

I use pebbles only in my system,Ive used coco in the past.

I dont agree pebbles take up more root room.In my experience root balls have been far superior with pebbles than coco.

Being able to feed a lot more with pebbles being the reason.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bethmeg For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-04-18), GreenBean420 (11-04-18), Sal_Governale (11-04-18), turnkey (14-04-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cantona View Post
    From my experimenting I’ve found no difference in yield between the 18 and 25 litres. I start in 1l then onto 6.5l then into final pot of 18.
    Yeah canna coco is the one.
    Don’t know if you’re aware but you wanna get a couple of air stones in the Wilma reservoir and and extra pump to keep it circulating.

Yeah I'm going to be getting an air pump and a few stones mate but unsure on the timing for them? Should I have both the air pump and circulation pump on 24/7 or just before feeding times? And so you just put the drippers in the small pots and place them ontop of the Wilma? And you sure about the blue drippers as there meant to be used for clay pebbles and black drippers for coco?

You got any Wilma diaries mate? Would be interesting to look through some

20. The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBean420 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-04-18)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast