Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Lst have I done this correct pic inc

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 66,662 Times

My thoughts is in real life summer just doesn’t start and one season gently rolls into the next and there’s a transition period once the transition period has finished flowering starts just like in real life with the seasons rolling together. A plant just doesn’t wake up after we have moved the clocks forward and think yeah today’s spring 🇬🇧

Sent from a green and pleasant land

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to British green For This Useful Post:

AND (07-04-18), GEORGE (08-04-18), Nicojellic (09-04-18)

Macky Guest

Lol, of course not mate, but I don't see anyone changin their light gradually from 18/6 to 12/12. So it would be more of a gradual thing out doors, but an instant flip, the plant would change striaght away. That's just what I've read mate. Seems to make sense to me. Each to their own

Sent from Hilary Clintons private server

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

AND (07-04-18), GEORGE (08-04-18)

Macky Guest

The plant doesn't grow thinking, lights getting shorter, nearly there. It'll sense one day, it got a certain amout of light vs a certain amoun of dark, and it'll change.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-04-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,736 Times

Haha, there's always one Machi mate

Lucky I changed times on my timer when I did then, mine deffo know its changed season

Decreased it by one hour a day from daytime lighting to night time lighting to help with temps but it meant that they had decreasing amount of light each day for last week as I changed it when the lights were in on cycle. Last 7 days, its been 18.17.16.15.14.13.12

Winter is coming...

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AND For This Useful Post:

British green (07-04-18), GEORGE (08-04-18), lipnobody (08-04-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 66,662 Times

Quite a few do reduced daylight hours to gradually bring there plants into flower by dropping a hour a day and by time they at 12 hours six days in they are almost flowering like my above picture and then reducing hours even more at the end to mimic autumn . Each to their own eh machi what works for me might not for you 😃🇬🇧

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to British green For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-04-18)

Macky Guest

Quote Originally Posted by AND View Post
    Haha, there's always one Machi mate

Lucky I changed times on my timer when I did then, mine deffo know its changed season

Decreased it by one hour a day from daytime lighting to night time lighting to help with temps but it meant that they had decreasing amount of light each day for last week as I changed it when the lights were in on cycle. Last 7 days, its been 18.17.16.15.14.13.12

Winter is coming...
    Sweet man!! Let's see how it works out, you familiar with the strain? When do flowers usually pop after the 12/12 flip? Do you know? Be interesting to see if they come quicker. Maybe the gradual light change is less stress on them? Be goo to see the result

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

AND (07-04-18), British green (07-04-18), GEORGE (08-04-18)

Macky Guest

Quote Originally Posted by British green View Post
    Quite a few do reduced daylight hours to gradually bring there plants into flower by dropping a hour a day and by time they at 12 hours six days in they are almost flowering like my above picture and then reducing hours even more at the end to mimic autumn . Each to their own eh machi what works for me might not for you 😃🇬🇧

So many ways to skin this cat mate lol. I'm trying to pick bits from everyone's techniques to get mine spot on for my situation. I'm sure were all doing the same thing :-)

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Machi View Post
    Sweet man!! Let's see how it works out, you familiar with the strain? When do flowers usually pop after the 12/12 flip? Do you know? Be interesting to see if they come quicker. Maybe the gradual light change is less stress on them? Be goo to see the result

Am familiar with smoking one of the strains but a long time ago (White Widow), have no clue on what the other two even are (Mystery indoor mixed bag) and I had flowers start 2 days ago on all 3 so maybe something in it...

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AND For This Useful Post:

British green (07-04-18), GEORGE (08-04-18)

Macky Guest

Quote Originally Posted by AND View Post
    Am familiar with smoking one of the strains but a long time ago (White Widow), have no clue on what the other two even are (Mystery indoor mixed bag) and I had flowers start 2 days ago on all 3 so maybe something in it...
    White widow stretches fast dont it! Couple of days after flip you can see the difference. Good strain to grow man. My mate has one on right now, 3 WW, and a blue cheese I gave to him. They are smashing it! His first grow, and he is doing very well.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Aha, in which case then my single plant is a WW cos thats having a good old stretch, thought it might be the fact that the other pot has two competing against each other though

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AND For This Useful Post:

British green (07-04-18), GEORGE (08-04-18)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast