Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Seed germination help!

Thanks

Default Seed germination help!

Hi guys,

First grow I've done and after a few questions answered. I've got a propagator set tray,cell inserts and lid. I've bought Gro-sure seed and cutting compost from my local garden shop. I've read people using root riots etc but is it ok for me to plant the seeds once they germinate in a paper towel straight into this seed and cutting compost and not use root riots?

Secondly what nutrients should I add to the seeds apart from water? Ill be keeping them in my boiler room which has the right temp needed and Ill keep an eye on humidity.

Once this has hopefully been successful, Im going to pot up to 15cm pots, should i use this seed and cutting compost again or will they be ready to go into the canna pro soil?

One thing to add I ordered 6 Northern lights feminized. They came free with 3 jack herera standard, I might try using the 3 jack herera seeds as practise until they germinate into seedlings and get a few cm tall? thoughts?

Thanks for any help on this in advance, this is probably something so easy to answer for most of you but I can't find any definitive answers searching myself.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dannyw For This Useful Post:

AND (07-04-18), G' (22-07-18), GEORGE (08-04-18), Ironman (07-04-18), Sadface (07-04-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,416 Times

You be fine going from paper towel straight into your medium just feed with plain water no feed

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sadface For This Useful Post:

AND (07-04-18), G' (22-07-18), GEORGE (08-04-18), Greengrass (07-04-18), Ironman (07-04-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 48,497 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Dannyw View Post
    Hi guys,

First grow I've done and after a few questions answered. I've got a propagator set tray,cell inserts and lid. I've bought Gro-sure seed and cutting compost from my local garden shop. I've read people using root riots etc but is it ok for me to plant the seeds once they germinate in a paper towel straight into this seed and cutting compost and not use root riots?

Secondly what nutrients should I add to the seeds apart from water? Ill be keeping them in my boiler room which has the right temp needed and Ill keep an eye on humidity.

Once this has hopefully been successful, Im going to pot up to 15cm pots, should i use this seed and cutting compost again or will they be ready to go into the canna pro soil?

One thing to add I ordered 6 Northern lights feminized. They came free with 3 jack herera standard, I might try using the 3 jack herera seeds as practise until they germinate into seedlings and get a few cm tall? thoughts?

Thanks for any help on this in advance, this is probably something so easy to answer for most of you but I can't find any definitive answers searching myself.
    I agree with sadface, as long as the medium is kept nice and warm your golden.

Little tip, cover the pot with cling film to help hold in the heat and humidity. 😉

Sent from Thames Iron Works.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ironman For This Useful Post:

AND (07-04-18), G' (22-07-18), GEORGE (08-04-18), Sadface (07-04-18)

Thanks

When I used to soil grow I went from paper towel straight into canna soil no issues,with the canna pro soil you shouldn’t need to feed anything other than water for a few of weeks

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sadface For This Useful Post:

AND (07-04-18), G' (22-07-18), GEORGE (08-04-18), Greengrass (07-04-18)

Macky Guest

Welcome to the talk mate! Most people would:

Put the seeds in some warm water for a few hours, maybe even over night, until they have sunk. Give them a tap now and again if they dont sink.

Then, put them onto a wet paper towel, on a saucer, cover it with another wet paper towel, then cover the whole thing in cling film. Place it somewhere that will be constantly warm, you cant let them go cold. ( perfect temps i find is a ps4/ xbox tunred on for 24 hours with the plate on top) Most people use their airing cupboard or put it on top of the boiler. Just make sure where ever you put it will stay warm.

After a day or two, you'll get tap root. this is where you plant them, with the tap root pointing downwards, at about 1-2 cm deep.

Using straight up soil in the beginning can be harsh on seedlings though. I wouldn't go straight into it. I grow in coco, so i dont have the issue of too many nuits in my medium for seedlings. But you can rinse the fuck out of the soil, get some of the nuits out of it, and put them into a small pot. When they get a few set of leaves transplant them into bigger pots.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

AND (07-04-18), Dannyw (07-04-18), GEORGE (08-04-18), Sadface (07-04-18)

Thanks

Yo Danny ,get yourself a diary going fella,best way to get help quick every step of the way if your unsure on a few points

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sadface For This Useful Post:

AND (07-04-18), GEORGE (08-04-18)

Thanks

really appreciate your help with that. Im keeping them in the dark also aren't I until they see a tap root. Cheers guys
    Last edited by Dannyw; 07-04-18 at 04:55 PM.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dannyw For This Useful Post:

AND (07-04-18), GEORGE (08-04-18), Sadface (07-04-18)

Thanks

Thanks mate, Yeah I was planning to, Ive only been on site few days still getting used to it. Going to start out tonight as I have everything ready then Get the diary up and running. Cheers mate

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dannyw For This Useful Post:

Bomber Guest

I use to faff around with paper towel etc. Now I just chuck em straight in the coco and cover

Oh Northern Lights, most certainly one of my all time favourites

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bomber For This Useful Post:

Macky Guest

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...0-Grow-Diaries

There is the link to diaries mate :-) looking forward to seeing you over there!

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast