Thread: two healthy unidentified seedlings growing.

Thanks

Default two healthy unidentified seedlings growing.

hey everyone so i recently got my hands on some unidentified cannabis seeds, the first one i germinated and put in soil i didn't think to identify if it was a feminised seed or not so i am unsure if i am growing a boy or a girl here, i don't think i'll be able to tell until later on? but here is some pictures of that seedling and a female seedling which is starting to sprout next door. if anyone is able to determine the sex of my plant that would be great also when should i start feeding hm/her nutrients it is 2 weeks old 13 days roughly. rather healthy it seems on an 18/6 light cycle under low watt florescence. .
    can i spray with pesticides at this age in the plants life as i'm noticing the lights attracting bugs?
    i intend on getting a grow tent in the next fortnight to put all 4 in.? if this grow goes well i will be looking for seeds.
    thanks for reading and potentially responding.
    - Cally Click image for larger version. 

Name:	grow 5.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	71.8 KB 
ID:	358775Click image for larger version. 

Name:	grow 2.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	66.3 KB 
ID:	358776Click image for larger version. 

Name:	grow 3.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	74.1 KB 
ID:	358777Click image for larger version. 

Name:	grow 4.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	96.4 KB 
ID:	358778
    Last edited by Growqueen420; 08-04-18 at 02:48 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Growqueen420 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-04-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,576 Times

ya u wont be able to know if u got a girl or boy till later on if they are just regular seeds. what kinda bugs are u seeing? i wouldnt spray them this young with any pesticides. what kinda soil is that? looks pretty heavy to me should have added some perlite in there for more oxygen to get to the roots and water drainage.

When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

2018 Outdoor extravaganza https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...r-extravaganza

2017 outdoor guerilla grow https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...tdoor-escapade

2016 guerilla grow finished https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...adventure-2016

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kyg For This Useful Post:

British green (08-04-18), GEORGE (09-04-18), Growqueen420 (08-04-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kyg View Post
    ya u wont be able to know if u got a girl or boy till later on if they are just regular seeds. what kinda bugs are u seeing? i wouldnt spray them this young with any pesticides. what kinda soil is that? looks pretty heavy to me should have added some perlite in there for more oxygen to get to the roots and water drainage.
    It's seed raising soil it seems to be working alright if I notice any big chunky pieces of what ever I remove them, I have the pots on a stand for drainage but i'm not watering enough for there to be lots of water run off. I generally spray the root of the plant and the soil around it two or three times over the 18 hour light cycle but never within 4 hours of shut off time as I don't want mold etc. it's not the best set up and I know I probably won't yield much from this lot but you never know! I intend on getting a discrete grow tent set up within the next month so they'll have a bit more protection. just saving the $$ for purchasing a good setup. i'm doing this as a personal hobby and I'm a smoker but i'm paying to much for it and getting different strains of bud every time I score I really just want something healthy that I can grow myself and know what's in it. I have been looking at the Gorilla glue feminised seeds online as the buds are very high in THC apparently and the strain is supposed to treat Insomnia, Depression PTSD etc. is there a seed company that will deliver them down under I wonder! :P thanks for responding

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Growqueen420 For This Useful Post:

AND (08-04-18), GEORGE (08-04-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,402 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Callyrox View Post
    It's seed raising soil it seems to be working alright if I notice any big chunky pieces of what ever I remove them, I have the pots on a stand for drainage but i'm not watering enough for there to be lots of water run off. I generally spray the root of the plant and the soil around it two or three times over the 18 hour light cycle but never within 4 hours of shut off time as I don't want mold etc. it's not the best set up and I know I probably won't yield much from this lot but you never know! I intend on getting a discrete grow tent set up within the next month so they'll have a bit more protection. just saving the $$ for purchasing a good setup. i'm doing this as a personal hobby and I'm a smoker but i'm paying to much for it and getting different strains of bud every time I score I really just want something healthy that I can grow myself and know what's in it. I have been looking at the Gorilla glue feminised seeds online as the buds are very high in THC apparently and the strain is supposed to treat Insomnia, Depression PTSD etc. is there a seed company that will deliver them down under I wonder! :P thanks for responding
    Welcome to the talk 😁

When the plants are that young you only really need to be watering once every couple of days, climate dependant. They like to have a wet/dry cycle.

Ive not tried the GG before but ive looked at the seeds a few times myself and wouldnt mind setting a few going in the future.

As for delivery of seeds, if you look in the sponsors section of this site im pretty sure most deliver worldwide, if not im sure therell be a few Aus based seedbanks/headshops.

ATB.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WF420 For This Useful Post:

AND (08-04-18), GEORGE (08-04-18), Valentina (08-04-18)

Macky Guest

I wouldn't waste the time, and energy on them tbf. You can't just grow randon seed. Especially when top of the range genetics are available for less that $10 a seed.

You can grow these, and find out it's male, or female, you migh get lucky and get a female, but if this is bag seed, it could easily be a hermie, and look like a female until later into flower.

My advice would be, keep these, as practise ones. Get some proper feminised seeds from one of our sponsers. Get your tent and setup sorted, an then do it properly.

Electricity isn't cheap, don't waste it on plants you're not sure of, get some real beans popped

Sent from Hilary Clintons private server

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

AND (08-04-18), Geokom85 (09-04-18), GEORGE (08-04-18), Growqueen420 (08-04-18), Herbitual (08-04-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,576 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Callyrox View Post
    u can order seeds from herbies and seedsman. check these links and then decide what strains u want. there is tons of seeds to choose from. my favorite is moby dick from dinafem and super lemon haze from greenhouse seeds. Dinafem has really good genetics and i always have near perfect germination rates with them. My all time favorite all around strain is girl scout cookies. here is a pic of some that i have left.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gsc.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	90.7 KB 
ID:	358827

Herbies- http://www.herbiespicknmixseeds.com/

Seedsman- https://www.seedsman.com/en/cannabis-seed-breeders
    Last edited by kyg; 08-04-18 at 05:18 PM.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kyg For This Useful Post:

AND (08-04-18), British green (08-04-18), GEORGE (09-04-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 66,662 Times

No matter which route you take get some sticky fly traps hung up in there and I’m with kyg on the super lemon haze by greenhouse seeds that thing grows itself and is very very hardy 😃 all my best wishes with your grow whichever path you take . You’ll get all the help you need at the talk 😃🇬🇧

Sent from a green and pleasant land

14. The Following User Says Thank You to British green For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-04-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

also if thats you in your avatar i would consider changing it, for security reasons

16. The Following User Says Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (09-04-18)