Thread: Reefer madness or much ado about nothing? Cannabis legalization outcomes among young

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,779 Times

Default Reefer madness or much ado about nothing? Cannabis legalization outcomes among young

Reefer madness or much ado about nothing? Cannabis legalization outcomes among young adults in the United States

International Journal of Drug Policy*(2018)*56; 116–120

https://doi.org/10.1016/j.drugpo.2018.03.011

https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...55395918300811

Abstract

In 2012, Colorado became one of the first two U.S. States to legalize cannabis for recreational use for adults 21 and older. Given that cannabis use holds potential physical and mental health risks, particularly among adolescent users, concerns have grown regarding changes in use following this change in policy. Studies examining medical cannabis legalization have found inconsistent changes in cannabis use and prevalence of dependence following medical implementation. However, recreational legalization holds potential unique changes, such as increased availability and social acceptance, as well as decreased price and perceived harm of use. There also may be increased interest in moving to Colorado related to the changes in cannabis laws. Based on past literature, two hypotheses were made for this study. First, college student cannabis use would increase after recreational legalization, however just for those 21 years old and older. Second, there would be a positive relation between the influence of cannabis legislation on out-of-State student’s decision to attend a Colorado university and their cannabis use. Data from 5241 undergraduate students was available to test study hypotheses using Pearson’s Chi-square, negative binomial regressions, and path analysis. Results indicated that cannabis use increased since recreational legalization for all students, but more so for those over 21 years. No differences in past month use frequency were found between pre- and post-legalization. Influence of cannabis laws on non-resident student’s decision to attend a Colorado college predicted lifetime and past 30-day use. Additionally, out-of-State students reported higher past 30-day use than in-State students. These findings may help inform other States considering recreational legalization of potential outcomes, as well as potential interventions.

Pretty dull stuff really, and any researcher (or editor) who thinks data are singular is a muppet! Data cannot be singular; data are available, not data is available! DOH!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Phineasfreek For This Useful Post:

Gaz (08-08-18), GEORGE (17-04-18), M_C (10-04-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,745 Times

What a film Reefer Madness was

It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

beaner (10-04-18), GEORGE (17-04-18), Phineasfreek (10-04-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,779 Times

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    What a film Reefer Madness was

An absolute classic and deserved 'public health broadcast'! Haha 😂😂

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phineasfreek For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (17-04-18), M_C (10-04-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 14,075 Times

I learnt more than I would have expected watching disjointed on Netflix!!

Sent from my TREKKER-M1 CORE using Tapatalk
    skin it roll it lick it twist it.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lipnobody For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (17-04-18), M_C (10-04-18), WF420 (10-04-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,402 Times

Quote Originally Posted by lipnobody View Post
    I learnt more than I would have expected watching disjointed on Netflix!!

What a series! 😂

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WF420 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (17-04-18), M_C (10-04-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WF420 View Post
    What a series! 😂
    THANK YOU!!!! so annoyed they wouldn't do another series I wanna see what happens to the security guard and that fit Asian chick! N mamma Ruth ohhh Olivia's shitballs/nannas fudge swirls, im perfecting the fudge part!!! Nomnomnom

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lipnobody For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (17-04-18), WF420 (10-04-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,402 Times

Quote Originally Posted by lipnobody View Post
    THANK YOU!!!! so annoyed they wouldn't do another series I wanna see what happens to the security guard and that fit Asian chick! N mamma Ruth ohhh Olivia's shitballs/nannas fudge swirls, im perfecting the fudge part!!! Nomnomnom

I know! I think one of the best parts was when Dank and Dabby sobered up on the roof top 😂 that shit had me in stitches!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to WF420 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (17-04-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WF420 View Post
    I know! I think one of the best parts was when Dank and Dabby sobered up on the roof top 😂 that shit had me in stitches!
    😂😂😂😂 no lighter I feel the pain.
    Dank n dabby should have their own show, as annoying as they are the speak da truth

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lipnobody For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (17-04-18), WF420 (11-04-18)