Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Need help with flushing

Thanks

Default Need help with flushing

Right so at approx day 53 of flowering these stardawg in 11L pots with PM soil supreme with perlite added and pebbles on top and bottom of pot.

Now last time I harvested my plants too early and there was not much of a stone to them or high. So this time I've waited and waited and now it seems they are ready to be flushed as most are milky and I'm seeing 1 or 2 ambers here and there.

Now the question I have is how much water should I be flushing through to clean out the chemical nutrients within the plant. Is it until the EC/TDS/PPM is roughly the same as what is going in or should I give it a plain tap watering with 20% runoff or something? I would like to flush for the full 14 days as I've just gave them a last feed with cha ching a few days ago and people on the forum suggest its a bit too salty.

Any help greatly appreciated guys n gals would like to hear a few opinions on this.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBean420 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Anyone? Could do with some help tbh lol

Macky Guest

Water the fuck out of them mate, until the EC of the run off, is as close as possible, to your background EC. let the pot dry out for a couple of days, and flush again. It is usually said that, 3 times the amount of water to your pot size. so if you're in 11l pots, then give them 33 litres of water. Youre in soil, so have to be careful of over watering.... so let the pot dry out a bit, then give more water, but not the whole 33 l again lol. just enough to get good run off, youre going to try and "leech" the nuits out of the pant, into the medium, and washed out through the run off

Im a coco grower, so not sure of what exactly right for soil. But id assume its the same as coco, except you cant water every day. So a couple of good flushes, sounds right for soil, rather than one big one and many that youd do in coco. This is the best I can say mate, hope it helps. hopefully a soil guy can pop in here and confirm it.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

GreenBean420 (16-04-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Macky View Post
    Water the fuck out of them mate, until the EC of the run off, is as close as possible, to your background EC. let the pot dry out for a couple of days, and flush again. It is usually said that, 3 times the amount of water to your pot size. so if you're in 11l pots, then give them 33 litres of water. Youre in soil, so have to be careful of over watering.... so let the pot dry out a bit, then give more water, but not the whole 33 l again lol. just enough to get good run off, youre going to try and "leech" the nuits out of the pant, into the medium, and washed out through the run off

Im a coco grower, so not sure of what exactly right for soil. But id assume its the same as coco, except you cant water every day. So a couple of good flushes, sounds right for soil, rather than one big one and many that youd do in coco. This is the best I can say mate, hope it helps. hopefully a soil guy can pop in here and confirm it.
    Yeah I gathered that would be the case mate thanks. I gave them about 30 litres each and in future now just water until I'm getting good runoff?

Also I've started the flush which I plan on taking 2 weeks when I've seen 1 or 2 ambers here and there is this OK or will my weed be past it by the time I come to chop?

And finally I will be going the coco route next time round with a recirculating Wilma would I just fill the red with fresh clean water everyday or something and carry on feeding as normal or put pure water through
    Last edited by GreenBean420; 16-04-18 at 01:35 AM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBean420 For This Useful Post:

Macky Guest

Yer man that'll flush them good. It's all about entropy lol. You want less food in the soil then there is in the plants. Then the food will leech out of the plants and into to the soil to balance out the concentration of salts. The initial big flush is to get rid of as much as possible, after that, it's small watering a with good run off to wash what ever has come out the plant away.

In coco, you never just feed plain water mate, always food in it

Sent from Hilary Clintons private server

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

GreenBean420 (16-04-18)

Macky Guest

The thricomes are a matter of personal choice, beginning the flush when you see amber will give you too many ambers at chop IMO. Begin flush at 90% cloudy, and a 10% clear I'd say. That'll give enough time to wash all the salts out, and for the thc to mature fully, and start turning amber. Thn just watch the trichs for your personal ideal chop time

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

GreenBean420 (16-04-18), Valentina (23-04-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 13,492 Times

I just feed with pure water for about 10 days til 2 weeks give the plant time to use her stored up nutes and flushes any excess away i normally just use double the normall amount say 5 litres normally il give them ten let your soil dry out then do it again.
    Im growing in soil about 11 years bro and my weed tastes deadly with this method

Up the irons

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The budda For This Useful Post:

GreenBean420 (16-04-18), Pablo (23-04-18), Valentina (23-04-18)

Thanks

Yer man that'll flush them good. It's all about entropy lol. You want less food in the soil then there is in the plants. Then the food will leech out of the plants and into to the soil to balance out the concentration of salts. The initial big flush is to get rid of as much as possible, after that, it's small watering a with good run off to wash what ever has come out the plant away.

In coco, you never just feed plain water mate, always food in it

So how do you flush the substrate of nutrients before harvest?

The thricomes are a matter of personal choice, beginning the flush when you see amber will give you too many ambers at chop IMO. Begin flush at 90% cloudy, and a 10% clear I'd say. That'll give enough time to wash all the salts out, and for the thc to mature fully, and start turning amber. Thn just watch the trichs for your personal ideal chop time

So I have gone too long? Lol I was too early last time bit like Goldilocks this stuff, should I do a 10 day flush? What will be the effect of going too long? Low potency?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The budda View Post
    I just feed with pure water for about 10 days til 2 weeks give the plant time to use her stored up nutes and flushes any excess away i normally just use double the normall amount say 5 litres normally il give them ten let your soil dry out then do it again.
    Im growing in soil about 11 years bro and my weed tastes deadly with this method
    Yeah well I flushed it right through and will now just feed water rest of the way with about 5Litres I'm in 11L pots with stardawg

16. The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBean420 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Anyone know if putting water from the hot tap would harm plants? As I've been flushing with cold and hot water from the boiler mixed to make it too room temperature?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast