Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Automated environemnt, and watering.

Macky Guest

Default Automated environemnt, and watering.

Im gonna be growing blue dream soon, and I want everything to be perfect for this next crop! PERFECT!!

So I have been thinking about getting one of those auto environment control devices, and maybe an auto feeder too.

I want to be able to control everything, lights on and off, speed of extractor, speed of fan, dehumidifier on and off, when to feed, things like that. Ive seen these devices around, but have no idea what they're called, or what is going to be best for me.

I am also considering, a drip feed for my coco? The next crop will be in coco, and I want to give it the best feeding method I can, I have read some folk have an auto watering system, that'll feed every fifteen minutes, and pull off great results

I am gonna cut no corners and spare no expense on this blue dream, I have been dreaming of a crop like this since I first started growing, its sounds like an amazing strain. Everything must be perfect.

Any ideas? Id be grateful of any input.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

AND (15-04-18), BornToBeAgrower (04-05-18), Farmshop (15-04-18), GEORGE (18-04-18), Ginger-bud (05-05-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,736 Times

Ecotechnics Evolution (My next purchase) and a windscreen washer pump in a bucket, on a timer

£150 for 1st one, £10 for the 2nd and it actually works really well

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AND For This Useful Post:

BornToBeAgrower (04-05-18), GEORGE (18-04-18), M_C (15-04-18), Peanut butter (05-05-18)

Macky Guest

Quote Originally Posted by AND View Post
    Ecotechnics Evolution (My next purchase) and a windscreen washer pump in a bucket, on a timer

£150 for 1st one, £10 for the 2nd and it actually works really well
    lol!! Legend, windscreen washer? You're gonna have to draw a picture or some shit for to understand that lol

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

AND (15-04-18), GEORGE (18-04-18)

Thanks

Some shit sounds better than a picture

Car windscreen wash pump, mines off a Renault Megane for no reason apart from thats what I first thought of, and it could as well be a submergeable pump, fuel pump or any small pump you can find with a low/medium flow rate

Drill 8mm hole in a builders bucket about 25mm from bottom, press 9mm inlet from pump into 8mm hole in bucket. Connect micro irrigation tubing and drippers (£3 Feebay) to outlet of pump. Wire pump up to 12v PSU and plug into timer. Time how much flow per minute and set timer for length of pump run to reach desired feed amount based on timed flow rate. Simples

It works really well as an idea, but not so well in soil as its not got the coverage but would be fine for coco

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AND For This Useful Post:

BornToBeAgrower (04-05-18), GEORGE (18-04-18)

Macky Guest

Quote Originally Posted by AND View Post
    Some shit sounds better than a picture

Car windscreen wash pump, mines off a Renault Megane for no reason apart from thats what I first thought of, and it could as well be a submergeable pump, fuel pump or any small pump you can find with a low/medium flow rate

Drill 8mm hole in a builders bucket about 25mm from bottom, press 9mm inlet from pump into 8mm hole in bucket. Connect micro irrigation tubing and drippers (£3 Feebay) to outlet of pump. Wire pump up to 12v PSU and plug into timer. Time how much flow per minute and set timer for length of pump run to reach desired feed amount based on timed flow rate. Simples

It works really well as an idea, but not so well in soil as its not got the coverage but would be fine for coco
    Sounds a bit bodge tbf mate, I cant afford to have a leak lol. crops two floors above ground level, if a res leaked, itll rain for days lol. I gotta make sure all the shit reliable, and my skills do not lie in handy work

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

AND (15-04-18), BornToBeAgrower (04-05-18), GEORGE (18-04-18)

Thanks

It is obviously, was just something quick with stuff I had lying around

If you used a small submersible like a pond pump in whatever container and connect that up to the micro irrigation stuff and timer, you would be fine & leak free. Also not in the 'Weed growing' category so reasonably cheap

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AND For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (18-04-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 28,825 Times

+1 for the Ecotechnics. Changed my life.

What about a Wilma system for autowatering? https://youtu.be/pChLkFk56yw

Sent from Noah's Ark

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WhIpLaSh For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (18-04-18)

Macky Guest

Quote Originally Posted by n00b_gr0wer View Post
    +1 for the Ecotechnics. Changed my life.

What about a Wilma system for autowatering? https://youtu.be/pChLkFk56yw

Sent from Noah's Ark
    Thanks noob, you use Echo technic then? Would you mind giving me a quick run down of how i would use it lol. Can i put my dehumidifier on it, or an aircon? Or just fans? My extractor can go on there right? Its not really clear on the youtube vids what i can use it for.

I have thought about wilma mate, but i SCROG, and thatll be a bitch to clean the the thing when the plants are in a screen. I would have to devise a way to remove the tank, so i can clean it once a week or so, when it get a bit dirty. Good suggestion though, ill put some thought into it.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (18-04-18)

Macky Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Macky View Post
    Thanks noob, you use Echo technic then? Would you mind giving me a quick run down of how i would use it lol. Can i put my dehumidifier on it, or an aircon? Or just fans? My extractor can go on there right? Its not really clear on the youtube vids what i can use it for.

I have thought about wilma mate, but i SCROG, and thatll be a bitch to clean the the thing when the plants are in a screen. I would have to devise a way to remove the tank, so i can clean it once a week or so, when it get a bit dirty. Good suggestion though, ill put some thought into it.
    Actually, it will work you know, if i can just raise the pots out of the res more, so i can slide the tank out from under the crop, that might work.... might need a bit of a taller tent to fit everything in, but i think ill roll with that "noob Grower" lol, cheers mate

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (18-04-18), WhIpLaSh (15-04-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,526 Times

I've got a dripper rig set up lad. 30l plastic tub from bnm. 22mm iceline pipe running through the tent one end has a stop end and the other end has a 90° elbow with another small length of iceline connected to my pump. Each plant has two spikes in, the blue ones from a Wilma system I think.
    2 cross connectors with have the 3 or 4mm black tube, to a 3 way splitter the the 2 dripps connected to that. Works a treat 👍
    Make sure your res is lower than your plants, I've been there and done it with gravity effect emptying the full lot out 😲
    "To live is to risk it all. Otherwise you're just an inert chunk of randomly assembled molecules drifting wherever the universe blows you."

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Farmshop For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (18-04-18)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast