Thread: How do I water the rockwool cubes?

Thanks

Default How do I water the rockwool cubes?

Hi. I've had bad experience with rockwool cubes some time before. Because of overwatering. So Im wondering maybe there are some techniques that would help me get my cubes to perfect moistness? Do I shake them, do I squeeze them? Do I water them every day or let them dry out? Im attaching image of my cubes. ThanksClick image for larger version. 

Name:	u.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	60.9 KB 
ID:	359231

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LoveDispenser For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (18-04-18), Roystontheo (27-04-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 13,095 Times

Submerge them and then lift them out. Don't squeeze them whilst they're in the water and don't try to ring them out.

I've only ever used the small ones that fit in the tray, I normally leave them in the tray and then just dunk them in the sink.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dirty_badger For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (18-04-18), Roystontheo (27-04-18)

Live West Yorkshire. Originally from South Yorkshire - tha no's
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LoveDispenser View Post
    Hi. I've had bad experience with rockwool cubes some time before. Because of overwatering. So Im wondering maybe there are some techniques that would help me get my cubes to perfect moistness? Do I shake them, do I squeeze them? Do I water them every day or let them dry out? Im attaching image of my cubes. ThanksClick image for larger version. 

Soak the rockwool cube with water. Pick it up and feel the weight. As the water is used it becomes much lighter and you will know it's time to soak it again.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Roystontheo For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-04-18), LoveDispenser (29-04-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 22,354 Times

Quote Originally Posted by LoveDispenser View Post

remember them buggers soaked hold lots of water as the seedling establishes roots it will get dryer but in the first 10 days its gonna be slow,water is a great medium let the force be with ewe bach. dont water them again untill the cues feel lightish not dried out tho but get a decent root popping out the bottom of cube then fire the buggers up good luck...............btw try warming them up a tad

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Captain Beefheart For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-04-18), LoveDispenser (29-04-18), Roystontheo (28-04-18)