Thread: Black label coco - what’s this growing from it?!

Thanks

Default Black label coco - what’s this growing from it?!

Hey all, not posted for a while. Got 4 Gorilla Glues in at the moment, and decided to try the black label coco from the local hydro shop instead of the usual canna coco pro.
    Noticed since a few days after potting up there are strange clover weed type shoots appearing above the surface and from the holes in the sides of the airpots.
    I’ve grown from seed and have all new trays and pots so not much chance of bringing it in elsewhere other than the cheap coco.
    Anyone had any experience of this and could it harm my ladies?
    Cheers
    YB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,742 Times

I got this in a couple of mine at the moment

Macky Guest

Some plants are good to have on the medium surface, itll bring nitrogen back into the medium. Has the black label coco got bennies in it from the bag? Like eco thrive or something? If so, Id say its that, and its nothing to worry about, a friendly symbiotic plant

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

redisiel (25-04-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 29,329 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Macky View Post
    Some plants are good to have on the medium surface, itll bring nitrogen back into the medium. Has the black label coco got bennies in it from the bag? Like eco thrive or something? If so, Id say its that, and its nothing to worry about, a friendly symbiotic plant
    Yep all depending what plants they are theee called nitrogen fixing plants, like alfalfa, clovers etc even if it ain’t a nitrogen fixer it’ll still do a job mate. I plant tons it’s called a cover crop.
    My main concerns here would be if the fact the seeds are still in here which I would say means at some point wasn’t composted properly which also means it could harbour pathogens.
    Peace
    Redz
    NO-TILL Gardening with REDZ

REDZ BUILDS LIVING SOIL!!!

Redz & Ironjustice Do super lemon haze in rdwc for GWP

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...n-rdwc-for-GPW(COMPLETE)
    LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to redisiel For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,849 Times

never got into coco but i was always under the impression it was just an inert medium,ground up coconut husks?.

should be anything in it at all,plus it should have been washed etc before packaging?

perhaps the sedling has arrived from elsewhere n not the coco.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ggotch For This Useful Post:

Macky Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ggotch View Post
    never got into coco but i was always under the impression it was just an inert medium,ground up coconut husks?.

should be anything in it at all,plus it should have been washed etc before packaging?

perhaps the sedling has arrived from elsewhere n not the coco.
    There are different types nowadays, inert of nuits still, but have some bennies in the medium to help the root zone flourish more

Sent from: For those about to harvest, we salute you!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

ggotch (27-04-18)