My first grow went like this.
    Soil tropic bat mix.
    Perlite
    rhizopots.
    tower fan
    Bio grow bio Bloom.
    T5 4ft 8 tubes.

First grow.

Germinated seeds using a paper towel once sprouted planted seeds into small pots made plastic dome and twice a day once in the morning before I went to work and when I got back from work took off plastic dome for about 30 seconds to get fresh air in done that for 3 days.
    Temperature 28° my humidity was roundabout 35/40% which I know is very low no matter what I done still couldn't get humidity up tried a bowl of water and towels, left in small pots for 3 weeks then transplanted into 8 litre rhizopots and left to grow I was quite happy with that grow apart from humidity.

Second grow.

Soil 100% coco coir
    perlite
    mist maker 3
    tower fan
    auto pots
    T5 4ft 8 tubes.

Germinated seeds as in first grow but left under plastic dome for five days took plastic dome off and left to dry out under lights and give it a little water still growing.
    Temperature 28° then turned on mist humidity 50% then plants stopped growing my mist isn't a fine mist which I've seen people use it seems to be a very heavy and cold mist,could that be the problem.

I have got a couple of questions if anybody could help me with.

1. Auto pots the reason why I am using coco coir because people say it's very forgiving i.e. if I over feed them they can be flushed out easy.
    can I start off in small pots using bat mix and then transplant them into auto pots using coco coir the reason why the bat mix has got nutrients in which will give them chance to feed for the first couple of weeks.

2. How long can I keep them under plastic dome some people take off after a couple of days but some people say keep under dome until plans don't fit.

3. Is my mist to close to my plants because I have it in a 15 litre bin with a lid and started off with 2 holes 1 inch diameter but when I turned on my exhaust fan the humidity dropped so in the end I ended up with 6 holes to get the humidity up to 50%.

4 should I turn on my mist when I take off plastic dome. I am sure I read somewhere not to turn on mist until plants rooted in properly if that is the case it could take up to 2/3 weeks.

5. There doesn't seem to be much stretch between nodes from what I have read my lights on temperature 28° humidity 50% lights off temperature 26° humidity 45%.
    On my first grow lights off temperature was up and down ranging from 19°/26° humidity spiked up and down 22%/30% never really paid too much attention to just let it do its natural thing. I have been trying to keep the roots zone warm.

I hope I have made myself clear.

Thanks

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to paul4 For This Useful Post:

BB (21-04-18), GEORGE (21-04-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 52,398 Times

I’d keep domes on for first couple weeks.your humidity under domes will be good so don’t worrie.id put humidifier on when domes come of.good luck bud

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BB For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-04-18), paul4 (27-04-18)

Macky Guest

Quote Originally Posted by paul4 View Post
    Help on second grow.

Second grow.

Soil 100% coco coir
    perlite
    mist maker 3
    tower fan
    auto pots
    T5 4ft 8 tubes.

Germinated seeds as in first grow but left under plastic dome for five days took plastic dome off and left to dry out under lights and give it a little water still growing.
    Temperature 28° then turned on mist humidity 50% then plants stopped growing my mist isn't a fine mist which I've seen people use it seems to be a very heavy and cold mist,could that be the problem.

I have got a couple of questions if anybody could help me with.

1. Auto pots the reason why I am using coco coir because people say it's very forgiving i.e. if I over feed them they can be flushed out easy.
    can I start off in small pots using bat mix and then transplant them into auto pots using coco coir the reason why the bat mix has got nutrients in which will give them chance to feed for the first couple of weeks.

2. How long can I keep them under plastic dome some people take off after a couple of days but some people say keep under dome until plans don't fit.

3. Is my mist to close to my plants because I have it in a 15 litre bin with a lid and started off with 2 holes 1 inch diameter but when I turned on my exhaust fan the humidity dropped so in the end I ended up with 6 holes to get the humidity up to 50%.

4 should I turn on my mist when I take off plastic dome. I am sure I read somewhere not to turn on mist until plants rooted in properly if that is the case it could take up to 2/3 weeks.

5. There doesn't seem to be much stretch between nodes from what I have read my lights on temperature 28° humidity 50% lights off temperature 26° humidity 45%.
    On my first grow lights off temperature was up and down ranging from 19°/26° humidity spiked up and down 22%/30% never really paid too much attention to just let it do its natural thing. I have been trying to keep the roots zone warm.

I hope I have made myself clear.

Thanks
    Damn, I have so many questions for you myself mate lol

Soil: 100% coco coir, and perlite? Coco isnt soil mate, its a grow medium they are not the same!!! You have to PH your feeds at 5.8, have you been doing that? Also, how much perlite is in the coco? 2 to 1? 3 to 1? 50/50

The mister i think is not needed at all. You've had the domes to keep humidity locked in, i think you should not use that IMO.

How many days since germination? if its less than a week or so, how many days since they shot out the coco?

And most important, have you got a Diary started for this grow??

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-04-18)

Macky Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BB View Post
    I’d keep domes on for first couple weeks.your humidity under domes will be good so don’t worrie.id put humidifier on when domes come of.good luck bud

Look at that Brown name mate... how can brown be shiny like that ay Congrats again on the promotion mate

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

BB (21-04-18), GEORGE (21-04-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 52,398 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Macky View Post
    Look at that Brown name mate... how can brown be shiny like that ay Congrats again on the promotion mate
    Cheers mate.well happy but why the colour brown

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BB For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-04-18)

Macky Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BB View Post
    Cheers mate.well happy but why the colour brown

Its the colour of a good grow medium... why not ay lol

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-04-18)

Thanks

Thanks for your reply.
    Started all over again seeds have now sprouted and now under dome I have a problem with temperature too high 29° I can lower temperature to 26/28° by turning on the exhaust fan' the problem is it seems to make the pots and medium go cold is that okay or do I need somehow to keep the media warm .I have moved the lights to 12 inches from top of plants which I know is too high I only have two tubes on
    Thanks.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to paul4 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-04-18)