Thread: Seedling still on 24hr light + Repotting advice

Thanks

Default Seedling still on 24hr light + Repotting advice

I have my 1 week old seedlings under a 400w MH light currently for 24hrs a day all very healthy right now and im wondering:

1, When to start the 18/6hr light schedule

2, Is it wise to repot straight into final pot from my little starter cups?

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Majestic; 02-05-18 at 10:06 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Majestic For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (02-05-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

i run 24.0 when temps are shite an weather cold, way i see it is why run oil rad say 500w or 1000w when it cheaper to run mh bulb, tbh mate all you need is 250w MH that will see you good till much later in veg

you can if ya want stick em on 18.6 or 20.4 with mini oil rad on timer, its entirely up to u bro i have done all kinds time for lights off, 18.6 comes in handy when summer is in full swing, 6 hours off during hottest part of day helps.

imo its better to pot up, easier feeding and you build a better root ball, you go straight to final pots you see alot people getting issues mainly coz you cant drench a big pot with tiny plant in it.

i pot up at least 2 or 3 times, gives me chnce to use the good old great white root powder to

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (02-05-18), Majestic (06-05-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joker_the_smoker View Post
    i run 24.0 when temps are shite an weather cold, way i see it is why run oil rad say 500w or 1000w when it cheaper to run mh bulb, tbh mate all you need is 250w MH that will see you good till much later in veg

you can if ya want stick em on 18.6 or 20.4 with mini oil rad on timer, its entirely up to u bro i have done all kinds time for lights off, 18.6 comes in handy when summer is in full swing, 6 hours off during hottest part of day helps.

imo its better to pot up, easier feeding and you build a better root ball, you go straight to final pots you see alot people getting issues mainly coz you cant drench a big pot with tiny plant in it.

i pot up at least 2 or 3 times, gives me chnce to use the good old great white root powder to
    Thanks Joker,

dont the plants need lights out daily?

Ive realised my airpots are 9L and not 15L like i thought, I do have 18L pots which came with wilma, would you recomend 9L airpots or 18L squarepots?

Ill take a look into great white root powder too

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Majestic For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (02-05-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Majestic View Post
    Thanks Joker,

dont the plants need lights out daily?

Ive realised my airpots are 9L and not 15L like i thought, I do have 18L pots which came with wilma, would you recomend 9L airpots or 18L squarepots?

Ill take a look into great white root powder too

dont get me wrong in the wild they darkness so would only make sense to, plus spendin all the time under lights be nice for couple hours breather lol, but i have done all veg 24.0 and 18.6, 20.4 and never noticed a difference in growth rate or root issue etc.

with 24.0 i noticed they have nice tight nodes keeps them bushy like, your using the wilma later yea? i wud just use the wilma square pots tbh.

once those seedling cups are maxed out with roots pot up to 1/2litre pots then maybe 6 then final pot

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (02-05-18), Majestic (02-05-18)

Thanks

Is this purely due to the size difference or would a 9L final Airpot be sufficient normally?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Majestic For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (02-05-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Majestic View Post
    Is this purely due to the size difference or would a 9L final Airpot be sufficient normally?
    for me 9litre to small, but its up to you mate, you could use 15ltrs airpots, but if you want save coin you could get away with the 9litres seen good results with 10litre pots

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (02-05-18), Majestic (02-05-18)