Thread: Help

Thanks

Default Help

I started germinating my seed on a plate with damp paper towels under and ontop of the seeds and after seeing that they haven't germinated ( but they did get fatter ) after 4-5 days of them being on the plate someone told me to throw them inside a cup of water and i did that and this is what happened in the 3 days of them being in water.

can i plant it like that or do i have to wait more?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to qw21 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-05-18)

Macky Guest

3 days in water!!!! Far too long mate, they might have drowned.... think they dead, but do this:

Squeeze the shell a little, until you here a small crack, and then, put it into your medium, and water it. That is the last thing you should do to try and get it to germ. But it works in drastic measures, These seeds seem like they aint gonna pop any way, so get a little rough with them and see if you can force them to shoot.

Dont squash the seed, just enough pressure to crack the shell so some water can get in, and a root can get out, easier

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-05-18), Lucas3330 (05-05-18)

Thanks

do i squeeze with my fingers and by medium you mean pot? im gonna grow these in a garden not in pot

6. The Following User Says Thank You to qw21 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-05-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,809 Times

Assuming you're using soil then? what sort

Medium i believe is fancy name what ya growing in, e.g. Soil/coco etc?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Lucas3330 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-05-18)

Thanks

i squished one hard by accident and the white root inside was yellow i believe they have died

10. The Following User Says Thank You to qw21 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-05-18)

Macky Guest

Lame!! Unlucky mate, you not uk then? Growing out doors from seed in the uk ain't easy, best to start indoors and move them out when they're bigger

Sent from: For those about to harvest, we salute you

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-05-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,454 Times

Just my tuppence worth
    After having a few recent germination failures with 6 costly seeds and before having 100% germination rate

With the failures I was putting them on a heat pad where the temperature was up and down like a fiddlers elbow and none cracked
    I went back to my old way of sticking on my lights and putting my seeds on a shelf in the dark above at a constant 30c and all had long tap roots within 24 hours
    The last seed was put on cotton wool with a diluted root stim and that bugger had a half inch tap root within 16 hours
    Atb

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Greengrass For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-05-18)