Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Issues with biobizz a couple weeks into flower

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Innerself View Post
    Oh and do you feed unsulphered molasses?
    That has traces of magnesium and calcium in it and also good for your buds all helps me to stay organic
    I haven't been using molasses.. but i have been eager to get some and try it.. can it be used with the bio grow or should it be used instead of it? I think I am going to try it on my next run. So hopefully it makes a difference and stops this issue.. litterally just given her grow, bloom, topmax, activera and algamic.. and that 1 feed of Epsom salts, she has had nothing else besides this so far! It seems to be the newer growth that is yellowing though which is where I got the idea of zinc deficiency from low ph being a problem.

There should be some pictures at the top of this post mate.. does it not let you view them?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nw420apprentice For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (06-05-18), Greengrass (06-05-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,454 Times
    Provided Answers: 15

Just noticed the pictures

I'm growing a gorilla glue auto myself only on day 13
    But it has a life span of around 70 days and could go upto 80 days and your on day 60 it could just be your plant is just putting all its effort into the buds in its final weeks , my leaves turn similar to yours late on so yours are looking not too bad
    What I would any many others would suggest is next grow swap over to old timers range, this way you only have one bottle to use in flower instead of having to mix the grow and bloom with the biobizz as plants need very little nitrogen in flower, I started using biobizz nutes when I started out and now I've swapped to old timers I have rarely any of the problems I used to get

Unsulphered molasses is not directly a feed for the plants but a feed for the microbes in the soil which in turn helps with nutrient uptake of the roots, but personally I think it helps my buds fill out and taste better so you use it with you plant food
    My white widow looking same as yours on day 66Click image for larger version. 

Name:	d4dda53ed48e6dc9f8d20cbc101acd9f.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	81.9 KB 
ID:	360024 putting all her energy into her buds and she went 90 days
    Last edited by Greengrass; 06-05-18 at 12:41 PM.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greengrass For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (06-05-18), Nw420apprentice (06-05-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Innerself View Post
    Just noticed the pictures

I'm growing a gorilla glue auto myself only on day 13
    But it has a life span of around 70 days and could go upto 80 days and your on day 60 it could just be your plant is just putting all its effort into the buds in its final weeks , my leaves turn similar to yours late on so yours are looking not too bad
    What I would any many others would suggest is next grow swap over to old timers range, this way you only have one bottle to use in flower instead of having to mix the grow and bloom with the biobizz as plants need very little nitrogen in flower, I started using biobizz nutes when I started out and now I've swapped to old timers I have rarely any of the problems I used to get

Unsulphered molasses is not directly a feed for the plants but a feed for the microbes in the soil which in turn helps with nutrient uptake of the roots, but personally I think it helps my buds fill out and taste better so you use it with you plant food
    My white widow looking same as yours on day 66Click image for larger version. 

Name:	d4dda53ed48e6dc9f8d20cbc101acd9f.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	81.9 KB 
ID:	360024 putting all her energy into her buds and she went 90 days
    Nice looking plant mate.. the only difference is the yellowing on yours there looks like it's from the fact she is pulling nutrients from the leaves as you mentioned... where as my yellowing, especially at the top..as I can't stress enough looks like zinc deficiency.

Today she was due a feed and I have had to make the most of what I have so I gave her a tiny amount of ph up to bring my ph back in range as I am in able to get hold of baking soda for a couple days as the only shop near me that sells it is closed Sunday's and bank holidays. my feed going in and my runoff both read 6.5 so hopefully if the ph+ doesn't do any damage it should stop anything from getting worse fingers crossed.

I am defiantly going to look into the oldtimer range as I have heard quite a bit lately that it's better for soft water areas and will do some research on molasses so thanks for the info.. l just want to avoid this happening again because it's the second time now and I know its effecting my harvest because late time half my grow didn't make it past this..

Thanks again dude

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nw420apprentice For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (06-05-18), Greengrass (08-05-18)

Thanks

These are from today if it helps at all.. are you still sure it's nitrogen def? I am not arguing that it isn't a part of what's gone on as when I fed her just she had clear indications of n def at the bottom of the plant.. it's the purple and yellowing that is going on at the top that is concerning me because n def shouldn't show at the top of the plant like this? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	received_1493060457488489.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	17.1 KB 
ID:	360025Click image for larger version. 

Name:	received_1493060467488488.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	17.6 KB 
ID:	360026

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nw420apprentice For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 79,865 Times
    Provided Answers: 492

Ditch the Bio-bizz nutes, get a bottle of plant magic old timers grow & bloom and a small bottle of bio-silicone....Flush the pot with plain tap water 3 times the volume of the pot, when the pot stops dripping feed 0.5ml bio silicone 2ml grow and 3ml bloom do this for the next 3 feed then drop the grow & the silicone and just continue with the bloom @ 3ml per litre...

Regards BL

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bud Lightyear For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (06-05-18), Greengrass (06-05-18), Nw420apprentice (06-05-18)

Thanks

Thanks man.. Would 75l of water not throw my ph out though if my soil ph is fine? I fed today and ph going in was 6.5 and my run off was 6.5.. before this my feed going in was 5.9.. I haven't flushed it so I would assume my soil ph is fine..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	received_1493057214155480.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	14.1 KB 
ID:	360031  
    Last edited by Nw420apprentice; 06-05-18 at 03:28 PM.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nw420apprentice For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (06-05-18), Greengrass (06-05-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nw420apprentice View Post
    Thanks man.. Would 75l of water not throw my ph out though if my soil ph is fine? I fed today and ph going in was 6.5 and my run off was 6.5.. before this my feed going in was 5.9.. I haven't flushed it so I would assume my soil ph is fine..
    Don't worry about the pH its misleading you...Organic nutes in conjunction with water the medium microbes and oxygen will buffer the pH to where it needs to be....Do as i've suggested and I'm willing to bet you will see an improvement but you need to move fast your on the clock given the stage your at if you want to see a recovery...Best bet is find a hydro shop that stocks the plant magic range remember it's the Old timer organic stuff you want not just the soil nutes. Failing that look at A1M hydro on Ebay for fast delivery...

Regards BL

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bud Lightyear For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Have a read of this mate if you have not seen it already.... https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...Bio-Bizz-curse

Regards BL

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bud Lightyear For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,454 Times
    Provided Answers: 15

Exactly what bud says
    If your UK based old timers is suited for all our types of tap water and there's no problem changing to it mid grow ,just let the tap water sit for 24 hours to leech off some of the chlorine and it's good to go as is
    I live in a soft water area and never used or thought of using pH metres or adjusters, a good soil will sort it out
    for you
    Last edited by Greengrass; 06-05-18 at 03:56 PM.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greengrass For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (06-05-18), Nw420apprentice (06-05-18)

Thanks

Thanks guys.. For future reference am I better off staying with biobizz for soil when using pm nutes or is the pm soil better? I am not close to a shop unfortunately so I will have to order it in but thanks for the advice guys.. even if I don't make it in time atleast I will have the confidence for my next lot.. so worse case scenario.. their is always next time.. hopefully though I manage to get sort it in time.

Thanks again guys

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nw420apprentice For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast