Thread: good plants for scrog??

Thanks

Default good plants for scrog??

so after a good break from indoor ill be getting my equipment back in the next 2/3 weeks seeing all the grows on here has me itching to get going again. . i want to try a scrog, i have done scrog once before but with some seemingly very slow vegging white rhino so was wondering if anyone had a good fast strain that is ideal for scrog?? ive been thinking of doing blueberry og from barneys farm but cant find many scrog grows from it. open to ideas

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to the don 88 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-05-18), MonsterEnergy (20-05-18)

Bejeweled 2 Action Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 18,391 Times

well any plant can be used in a scrog, sativas stretch more so easier to fill the screen,
    indicas stretch little so maybe need a few extra plants to fill a scrog net fully,

there's not one strain that doesn't benefit from buds being uniform in height,

if ya need inspiration check joker_the_smokers grow

he always does scrog, with lots of different phenos
    Last edited by MonsterEnergy; 20-05-18 at 12:11 AM. Reason: added in bold

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MonsterEnergy For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-05-18), joker_the_smoker (20-05-18), the don 88 (20-05-18), Valentina (20-05-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MonsterEnergy View Post
    well any plant can be used in a scrog, sativas stretch more so easier to fill the screen,
    indicas stretch little so maybe need a few extra plants to fill a scrog net fully,

there's not one strain that doesn't benefit from buds being uniform in height,

if ya need inspiration check joker_the_smokers grow

he always does scrog, with lots of different phenos
    thanks mate, so a 50/50 sativa indica would be ok? i was just reading to stay clear of kush strains for scrog. I think im just going to take the plunge buy seeds and see how there first few weeks of growth go then depending either scrog or lst, although i do want to do the scrog more we shall see. . . . Ive had a look at jokers grows alright FUUUUUUCCCCCCKKKKKK impressive in fairness iff i pulled half what he did id be a happy man. . .

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to the don 88 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-05-18), joker_the_smoker (20-05-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

Any strain like monster said mate. Ya jus got consider the stretch from sativa dom. An wen best to flip etc.

But in short any photo strain can be scrogged mukka.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-05-18), MonsterEnergy (20-05-18), the don 88 (20-05-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joker_the_smoker View Post
    Any strain like monster said mate. Ya jus got consider the stretch from sativa dom. An wen best to flip etc.

But in short any photo strain can be scrogged mukka.
    thanks joker, I may be turning to you for guidance throughout my upcoming grow if thats ok pal?? whats average veg time to fill screen. im going to do 2 blueberry og and 2 pineapple chunk me thinks as they have fairly similar heights, flowering times etc in a 1.2squared under 600 dual spec. .

10. The Following User Says Thank You to the don 88 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-05-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

Quote Originally Posted by the don 88 View Post
    thanks joker, I may be turning to you for guidance throughout my upcoming grow if thats ok pal?? whats average veg time to fill screen. im going to do 2 blueberry og and 2 pineapple chunk me thinks as they have fairly similar heights, flowering times etc in a 1.2squared under 600 dual spec. .
    Veg will depend on how big then get an screen filling.
    I wud stick with same strain on scrog though its keeps things easier trust me lol.
    Ya never no wa the phenos gona be like in seeds, even seeds in same packet!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-05-18), the don 88 (20-05-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by the don 88 View Post
    so after a good break from indoor ill be getting my equipment back in the next 2/3 weeks seeing all the grows on here has me itching to get going again. . i want to try a scrog, i have done scrog once before but with some seemingly very slow vegging white rhino so was wondering if anyone had a good fast strain that is ideal for scrog?? ive been thinking of doing blueberry og from barneys farm but cant find many scrog grows from it. open to ideas

I think just check what other people are currently scrogging?

I am doing a Big Buddha Cheese with a Scrog, This is my 2nd time around but did not make it to flower 1st time. So what I mean to say is BBCheese seems to be a good Scrog plant even for a Noob like me.
    Reap's 2nd Try (Tent & SCROG)

DIY QBoard and LED Strip Build Log (and Noob Guide to be)

“The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced.”
    ? Alan W. Watts

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Reaper01 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-05-18), the don 88 (20-05-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper01 View Post
    I think just check what other people are currently scrogging?

I am doing a Big Buddha Cheese with a Scrog, This is my 2nd time around but did not make it to flower 1st time. So what I mean to say is BBCheese seems to be a good Scrog plant even for a Noob like me.
    Quote Originally Posted by joker_the_smoker View Post
    Veg will depend on how big then get an screen filling.
    I wud stick with same strain on scrog though its keeps things easier trust me lol.
    Ya never no wa the phenos gona be like in seeds, even seeds in same packet!
    thanks lads ill just do one strain as advised so, will do a bit more research into commonly used strains although i am sill leaning towards this blueberry OG(barneys farm) as it says there loads of side branches which i presume after a topping should fill the screen nicely. . .but we will see yet. . i will be doing a diary when i get rocking and rolling with everything set up already have 4 purple marocs(female seeds) outdoor at a month old and some auto frisian dew(dutch passion) ordered also for outdoors,just havta keep this 10 plant at a time rule in mind i supose ha gunna be flat out with the growing and work and all
    Last edited by the don 88; 20-05-18 at 09:47 PM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to the don 88 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-05-18)