Thread: EC rising

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 28,825 Times

Default EC rising

Hi guys,

I could do with some expert input, please (I'll do a diary next grow, promise!) haha

Here's my setup etc.:

Strains:
    4 x Gorilla Glue #4
    2 x Amnesia Haze
    1 x Chocolope

Medium:
    Gold label clay pebbles
    Constant feed

Tent:
    Budbox Pro 2m x 2m x 2m (white)

Lights:
    2 x 1000w LED (Kingbro) (180w draw each)
    1 x 600w HPS (Omega)
    Silver parabolic (on a light rail)
    600w Lumii digital ballast

Ecotechnics Evolution fan controller

Reservoir:
    Wilma Large 8 pot system (85L)
    Maxijet 1000 nutrient pump
    Circulating pump
    4 x airstones
    Hailea 150A nute chiller

Feed:
    Canna Flores A & B - 90ml
    Liquid Silicon - 30ml
    Liquid Oxygen - 40ml
    Bud Candy - 30ml
    Big Bud - 30ml

EC 1.1 and PH 5.6

12/12 - Lights on from 9 pm until 9 am. Temps are 24-25 at lights off and about 27-29 lights on. Humidity is 40-50%.

Flipped to 12/12 on the 6 May and I'm now nearing the end of week 2 of true flower.

This past Sunday I lollipopped and supercropped (height issues) the girls and also did a general prune to open them up a bit. I expect this will have stressed them some.

The girls seem happy and healthy but I'd like to get some input from more experienced growers on a few things.

I noticed this morning that my EC had climbed from 1.1 overnight to 1.4 while the PH stayed pretty stable. Tells me that I'm overfeeding them? Should I give them a flush for a few days? I also need some input on the above feed schedule in general. Does it look ok to you? Would you remove stuff? Add stuff?

I can only get some pics up this evening but like I said, they look pretty healthy and happy, I'm just concerned about the rising EC levels. To be honest, they've not really fed much over the last 1-2 weeks or so?

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by WhIpLaSh; 25-05-18 at 11:23 AM. Reason: I forget shit, that's why :)

Thanks

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Majestic For This Useful Post:

British green (25-05-18), WhIpLaSh (25-05-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Majestic View Post
    Thanks mate, that was helpful. Should have searched first, duh!

I've been doing some further reading and I think with the spike in hot weather, they're drinking more than eating. I've dropped the EC to 0.6 and will monitor it. If it keeps rising, I'll drop it further until they start eating again

Thanks

I'm no expert yet mate but what your doing makes sense to me

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Majestic For This Useful Post:

British green (25-05-18), WhIpLaSh (25-05-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 66,662 Times

What ya doing is correct and once the ec sits stable I wouldn’t push it any higher. I wouldn’t be surprised if you run into trouble later having a multi strain grow running in one system and if ya don’t it will be pure luck . Normally different plants have different needs just like to women are never the same nor are there needs . Best of luck to ya 😃🇬🇧

Sent from a green and pleasant land

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to British green For This Useful Post:

joker_the_smoker (25-05-18), WhIpLaSh (03-06-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by British green View Post
    What ya doing is correct and once the ec sits stable I wouldn’t push it any higher. I wouldn’t be surprised if you run into trouble later having a multi strain grow running in one system and if ya don’t it will be pure luck . Normally different plants have different needs just like to women are never the same nor are there needs . Best of luck to ya 😃🇬🇧

Sent from a green and pleasant land
    Oh I know, mate! It wasn't my intention. I had 3 Gorilla Glue girls pop their clogs early doors because I had the feed spaced way too far apart and they got nuked under the lights. School fees! Thus my having them on a constant feed now which they seem to love. My chocolope is not happy but I expected that. The other 6 are flying.