Thread: HElP!!! PLEASE READ!

Thanks

Default HElP!!! PLEASE READ!

I planted my seedlings last night with a soil mixture off Vercumilite anyway I put them under my light but noticed this morning the soil is really dry and was probably to hard for them to push trough, Anyway I panicked dug them up and replanted them very carefully with tweezers, Misted them with some water out off a spray bottle and back under my light, The thing is when I looked at the shell off the seeds it's very very brown is this normal? I've never came across this before but the tap root has almost grown about a centre metre over night when I looked when I repotted them. Are these still good to go and shall I just be patient? Advice Appreciated.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Smithy1 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-05-18), Greengrass (29-05-18), MonsterEnergy (29-05-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,736 Times

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AND For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (29-05-18), Cooky2992 (29-05-18), GEORGE (29-05-18), MonsterEnergy (29-05-18), Valentina (29-05-18)

Bejeweled 2 Action Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 18,391 Times

don't really need the light until they break the surface - especially if it's drying out in a single night,
    somewhere warm is all they need at this stage,

atb with ya seedlings mate

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MonsterEnergy For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (29-05-18), Cooky2992 (29-05-18), GEORGE (29-05-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MonsterEnergy View Post
    don't really need the light until they break the surface - especially if it's drying out in a single night,
    somewhere warm is all they need at this stage,

atb with ya seedlings mate

The tap root was very long in a few of them so I have put the shell above the soil and switched the lights on, Is that alright to do I've done this a few times and it's worked I just can be doing with putting them in a Proganator, As soon as they have a half decent tap root I pot them and switch the light on.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Smithy1 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-05-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 23,218 Times

I find the shells darken as they take up water. Even as they re-dry ad the gubbins inside grow and the shell becomes a "helmet" over the seedling. I would sit back and wait a few days.
    One Love, and Mon The Talk!
    The Six L Rule: No Smell, No Tell, No Sell,
    And mind those deci-BELS

May we all cross the line safe and sound, time after time, everytime.

FORUM RULES

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-05-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AND View Post
    Be patient, nature never goes according to a plan

Thanks for your advice I suppose patients is the key with nature!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Smithy1 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-05-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Valentina View Post
    I find the shells darken as they take up water. Even as they re-dry ad the gubbins inside grow and the shell becomes a "helmet" over the seedling. I would sit back and wait a few days.

They look really light on one off them I will try and upload a pic to show yous might just be because the light is on. Looks like a very light brown, When potting is it ok just to put the tap rout down and put the shell above the soil before then switch the light on I know I have just asked this question but would like to know other people's views on it it's worked for me before a fair few times sometimes I have just planted them and put a thin layer of soil on top and wait for them to break through and they do it just depends on how long the tap root is in my opinion. But that's just my 2 cents!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Smithy1 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-05-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 19,812 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Smithy1 View Post
    They look really light on one off them I will try and upload a pic to show yous might just be because the light is on. Looks like a very light brown, When potting is it ok just to put the tap rout down and put the shell above the soil before then switch the light on I know I have just asked this question but would like to know other people's views on it it's worked for me before a fair few times sometimes I have just planted them and put a thin layer of soil on top and wait for them to break through and they do it just depends on how long the tap root is in my opinion. But that's just my 2 cents!
    Stop faffing about dear.

Plant the seed in the soil and just wait for it to break the surface.Then give it some light.

You really shouldnt be handling the seed at all,you will do more harm than good.

Patience is a virtue dear

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bethmeg For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-05-18), Valentina (29-05-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bethmeg View Post
    Stop faffing about dear.

Plant the seed in the soil and just wait for it to break the surface.Then give it some light.

You really shouldnt be handling the seed at all,you will do more harm than good.

Patience is a virtue dear

I appreciate your advice Thankyou, I will be patient with them I'll check them Tomorow afternoon and check in with you folks

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Smithy1 For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (29-05-18), GEORGE (29-05-18)