Thread: Ever heard of nutriculture?

Thanks

Default Ever heard of nutriculture?

Hi guys

I’ve seen a Nutriculture for 8 plants which will cost me around 200 euro’s including transportation.
    I am doubting between this and a home made DWC.

My DWC will be 4 buckets connected to a barrel circulating the water around. I’ll be bubbeling air in each bucket.
    This will cost me around the same amount of money, but I’ll be able to expand and make improvements later on. They sell this system very expensive, but you can easily make it yourself.

The nutriculture is plug and play, but it sprays water against the roots. It stands on a plateau you can compare to an eb and flow table, only now it’s a constant flow of water. Roots don’t grow into the water, it’s grow on the plateau where water is dispersing from.

I am in serious doubt. DWC or aquafarming? (Not even sure if Nutriculture is aquafarming, so excuse me of this is posted in the wrong section)

I have zero experience in hydro. Will this Nutriculture do the job or will it lag growing cannabis?
    Last edited by Orderly; 05-06-18 at 03:12 PM.
    Use the horizon as your departure point.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Orderly For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (18-11-19), MonsterEnergy (05-06-18)

Bejeweled 2 Action Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 18,391 Times

the only problem with the sprayers is they are known to clog up == dead plant(s)
    dwc is less likely to fail, and as you said upgrading too more buckets isn't hard or as expensive

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MonsterEnergy For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (18-11-19), Orderly (06-06-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 22,354 Times

a bag of dirt and a pot bach duw duw,,,,,,,,,,,we growing dope not building the hydron collider mun

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Captain Beefheart For This Useful Post:

British green (06-06-18), GEORGE (18-11-19), ggotch (07-06-18), MonsterEnergy (05-06-18), Orderly (06-06-18)

Thanks

I know it’s weed. But my current situation isn’t making soil a pleasant experience. I have no garden and little space. Imagen me stocking all these organics, managing soil and throwing it away. I have been using my soil up to 3 times to avoid this job.
    The hobby must remain fun, now it isn’t.
    I love soil and I have experience in growing organic. But I have made my choice, I’m changing to hydro because it is more convenient in my current situation.

I placed my order. I read Langers topic and it seemed to do its job. I know the tubes can get clogged up. But I will be maintaining it like crazy. I will also install a battery in case electricity gets shut down.
    So I did buy this Nutriculture. But I will be pre growing DWC. I also bought extra pumps and a airbubbeler to go extra in there. Was considering fogging the roots too, but that’s a cost for later on.

Oh well, if all goes well I can follow up the plants consumption by a simple pH and EC dip.
    Waiting for the shipment now. It’ll be my first time ever on hydro.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Orderly For This Useful Post:

BornToBeAgrower (07-06-18), GEORGE (18-11-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 66,662 Times

Imagine all the water you’ll be throwing away 😂🤪😂🤪😂🇬🇧

Sent from a green and pleasant land

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to British green For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (18-11-19), ggotch (07-06-18)

Thanks

Keep up mate and get some experiences! You can post here all your ideas and don't worry about the people who acts like bi*chin, keep us updated about your grow as we can learn new things about the product you brought!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BornToBeAgrower For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (18-11-19), Orderly (07-06-18)

Thanks

Yes, needs to be done now. Order is shipped out. I took Plagron A and B. Still have other nutrients. I mailed the producer and it should be fine on hydro as well. I will also pre handle my pebbles with purezyme in a ph solution of 5.5 and than rinse them through rootstimulator with a ph of 5,8. EC would be around 0.8 - 1.0.

Throwing water away? I know the water in a DWC should be refreshed weekly. However, if you circulate the water through a barrel and all the DWC’s, is this still necesarry?
    I thought about bubbeling a lot of air in it, installing an extra pump to get a real waterflow in it. While plants are consuming water I should only add more water, right? In aquaria they do it the same principle. I even saw people blowing CO2 in their tank. They read their bubbles to get the right ammount in it. I don’t know anything about it yet, should be something to experiminate with in the future.

Are there any products one advices to keep my hoses clean? (Respectable to nature and myself)
    Other question, how will I be germinating my seeds now? LOL This has got to be the most nooby question ever asked on this board. But I really have no idea. Been considering jiffies or rootplugs, but they’ll pollute the water and clog the hoses.

This is the report of Langers. He has used the exact same system I bought.
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...t=Nutriculture
    Last edited by Orderly; 07-06-18 at 08:18 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Orderly For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (18-11-19)