Thread: Drying to cure too early?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,614 Times

Default Drying to cure too early?

I think maybe I didnt let my buds dry out enough,(only 4 days,) before putting them in a rubber sealed glass jar for curing? I open the lid for 10mins every 4-5hrs and they do feel pretty damp still and very sticky, am i going to fk my buds up by doing this? Any advice please.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Kurdt For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-06-18)

Macky Guest

yes mate youve probably already fucked them. If they are too wet when they go into jars, the moisture seeps out the buds again, and because it so much, it ruins the terpenes, and thats what give you the flavour, really have to wait until the stick are snapping before going into jars.

The bud will be fine, but wont taste as good as it could of

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

BornToBeAgrower (10-06-18), GEORGE (10-06-18), Kurdt (09-06-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Macky View Post
    yes mate youve probably already fucked them. If they are too wet when they go into jars, the moisture seeps out the buds again, and because it so much, it ruins the terpenes, and thats what give you the flavour, really have to wait until the stick are snapping before going into jars.

The bud will be fine, but wont taste as good as it could of
    balls.....no worries,thanks mate.........live and learn

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kurdt For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-06-18)

Macky Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Kurdt View Post
    balls.....no worries,thanks mate.........live and learn
    Indeed, I have done the same thing before mate, thats how I learned this lesson

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-06-18), Kurdt (09-06-18), MRJIMMY2017 (09-06-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 22,354 Times

mine are still drying after 8 days and still no where near ready for jarring up buds need about 2 weeks or more before they dry enough to cure imo.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Captain Beefheart For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-06-18), Kurdt (09-06-18)

Thanks

Yeah,my bad.....Was eager to get my 2nd grow on and the tent is/was the only place i can grow and dry, beginners mistake..... Ill give it a go once its dried out a bit more in the jars, if too shyte, looks like im back on the beer for a few months till the next grow is ready.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kurdt For This Useful Post:

Captain Beefheart (09-06-18), GEORGE (10-06-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,137 Times

Yeah,my bad.....Was eager to get my 2nd grow on and the tent is/was the only place i can grow and dry, beginners mistake..... Ill give it a go once its dried out a bit more in the jars, if too shyte, looks like im back on the beer for a few months till the next grow is ready.
    Or turn it into cannabutter if it's just a taste issue

WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MRJIMMY2017 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-06-18), Kurdt (09-06-18)

Macky Guest

Default Drying to cure too early?

Nah it'll still be decent bruv, give it time. For £100, you can buy a small tent and a t5 bulb and small fan, perfect for germinating and early veg whilst your shit dries, it'll save a few weeks between harvest, worth the investment

Sent from: An IPhone.... Excuse the auto correct typos

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

BornToBeAgrower (10-06-18), GEORGE (10-06-18), Kurdt (10-06-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 22,354 Times

There's really no need to fuss here's mine atm been in the dark for 9 days today its dry but still bendy ill give it another week before jarring up see im guessing about 10 oz in all but this was grown it 2 litre pots poke it with a stick daily

Great googly moogly

18. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Captain Beefheart For This Useful Post:

420Rancher (09-06-18), BB (10-06-18), GEORGE (10-06-18), ggotch (10-06-18), Kurdt (10-06-18), M_C (09-06-18), Priapus (09-06-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,620 Times

I think maybe I didnt let my buds dry out enough,(only 4 days,) before putting them in a rubber sealed glass jar for curing? I open the lid for 10mins every 4-5hrs and they do feel pretty damp still and very sticky, am i going to fk my buds up by doing this? Any advice please.
    Don't you have any mini hygrometers for reading the Rh in the jars, takes all the guess work out of curing i wouldn't be without mine, all the best matey, G'.
    FIGHTING FOR PEACE IS LIKE FU#@ING FOR VIRGINITY

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to G' For This Useful Post:

BornToBeAgrower (10-06-18), GEORGE (10-06-18), Kurdt (10-06-18)