Thread: When to start flowering stage?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,186 Times

Default When to start flowering stage?

On my 1st grow i messed up royally, loads of seeds, it was with Strawberry Cake Feminised Seeds, the info on that plant i got was "Flowering Time 8 weeks", so started flowering stage @ 6 weeks(changed lights to 12/12), i ended up leaving the to harvest till 9-10 weeks and messed everything up. My 2nd grow is Strain Hunters Money Maker Feminised Seeds, it says "Flowering Time: 8-9 Weeks" do i start flowering time @ 7 weeks? or 6 and expect 2-3 weeks after that, they will be ready to harvest? or am i putting to much emphasis on weeks? as in just change to flowering time @ 6-7 weeks and watch them till "more than 50% of the flower has turned rust colored"? my diary is below, i will update the pictures tonight(couple of hours from now), they are now 40 days old.
    All help is greatly appreciated
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...(lucky-i-hope)

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 2wasted For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-06-18), MonsterEnergy (12-06-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

flip them when ya ready bro, judge it by the space your working with, dont work off X amount weeks before flipping

hows the space looking now in tent?

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

2wasted (12-06-18), GEORGE (12-06-18), MonsterEnergy (12-06-18), WhIpLaSh (12-06-18)

Bejeweled 2 Action Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 18,391 Times

most count true flower as from when you get flowering clusters ''little crowns''
    that's usually day 1 of true flower,

some plants won't start true flower for 14 days some others it's only 5 days before you see crowns,
    the best way to tell they are actually done is by checking the trichs with a loupe

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MonsterEnergy For This Useful Post:

2wasted (12-06-18), GEORGE (13-06-18)

GMOGreen Guest

Quote Originally Posted by wasted2 View Post
    On my 1st grow i messed up royally, loads of seeds, it was with Strawberry Cake Feminised Seeds, the info on that plant i got was "Flowering Time 8 weeks", so started flowering stage @ 6 weeks(changed lights to 12/12), i ended up leaving the to harvest till 9-10 weeks and messed everything up. My 2nd grow is Strain Hunters Money Maker Feminised Seeds, it says "Flowering Time:8-9 Weeks" do i start flowering time @ 7 weeks? or 6 and expect 2-3 weeks after that, they will be ready to harvest? or am i putting to much emphasis on weeks? as in just change to flowering time @ 6-7 weeks and watch them till "more than 50% of the flower has turned rust colored"? my diary is below, i will update the pictures tonight(couple of hours from now), they are now 40 days old.
    All help is greatly appreciated
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...(lucky-i-hope)
    Flowering time is typically plus 2 weeks after flip

Don't count veg at all

Sent from the shadows like a ninja

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GMOGreen For This Useful Post:

2wasted (12-06-18), CityDweller (12-06-18), ganja.lad (13-06-18), GEORGE (13-06-18), MonsterEnergy (12-06-18)

Thanks

Thanks guys, that makes sense room/space wise, there is quite a bit in the grow space in the cupboard, i have/am try to train them to grow more bushy as he strain doesnt grow tall, but they where making a roof of sorts withe the top leaves stopping the light getting below, when training i didnt go as far as breaking the stems...i got "the fear" , took these pictures tonight.

Attachment 361751Attachment 361752

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 2wasted For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-06-18), MonsterEnergy (12-06-18)

Bejeweled 2 Action Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 18,391 Times

there looking just fine wasted, nice job on the training

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MonsterEnergy For This Useful Post:

Erby (16-06-18), GEORGE (13-06-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MonsterEnergy View Post

there looking just fine wasted, nice job on the training
    Thx m8

14. The Following User Says Thank You to 2wasted For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-06-18)