Thread: Seedling Problems...

Thanks

Default Seedling Problems...

Hey guys, OK so i germinated 3 seeds and they all popped in the paper towel method. Next i put them into a very small pot just spraying the soil with water, soil is a light mix with 50% perlite. I was always sure and am sure that they was never over watered and at the same time never was left to dry out completely. If its nice outside i'll put them out if not i put them under my 300W LED grow light about 20 inches away. Now i haven't ph the water, i know its around 7.2 and as it was in soil i was thinking maybe the soil will correct the ph itself? But as 1 of my plants is near absolutely perfect and they are all drinking the same water i was kinda sure that wasn't the problem....However i did spray the leaves too increase humidity, never in direct sunlight or anything like that but yh thats all i can put it down too i have these like bleach stains it looks like where the colour as gone out of the leaf in places, plus 2 of them are drooping a little bit now before and after watering. Also none of them have been fed yet just a little when i potted them up and mixed in a little bit of biobizz all mix, Could that be the problem that they are just craving nutrients? Pots have about a day more of drying yet before i can water but i will mix in some nutes when i next water for sure. Ok not sure what else to write, if you need more info just ask: PICS BELOW discard 2nd picture lol
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180228_183735[1].jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	61.4 KB 
ID:	361920   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180616_143520[1].jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	46.6 KB 
ID:	361921   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180616_143555[1].jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	46.6 KB 
ID:	361922   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180616_143456[1].jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	52.6 KB 
ID:	361923   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180616_143330[1].jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	47.2 KB 
ID:	361924  

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Crupilad For This Useful Post:

Erby (16-06-18), GEORGE (16-06-18), Ironman (16-06-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 48,497 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Crupilad View Post
    Hey guys, OK so i germinated 3 seeds and they all popped in the paper towel method. Next i put them into a very small pot just spraying the soil with water, soil is a light mix with 50% perlite. I was always sure and am sure that they was never over watered and at the same time never was left to dry out completely. If its nice outside i'll put them out if not i put them under my 300W LED grow light about 20 inches away. Now i haven't ph the water, i know its around 7.2 and as it was in soil i was thinking maybe the soil will correct the ph itself? But as 1 of my plants is near absolutely perfect and they are all drinking the same water i was kinda sure that wasn't the problem....However i did spray the leaves too increase humidity, never in direct sunlight or anything like that but yh thats all i can put it down too i have these like bleach stains it looks like where the colour as gone out of the leaf in places, plus 2 of them are drooping a little bit now before and after watering. Also none of them have been fed yet just a little when i potted them up and mixed in a little bit of biobizz all mix, Could that be the problem that they are just craving nutrients? Pots have about a day more of drying yet before i can water but i will mix in some nutes when i next water for sure. Ok not sure what else to write, if you need more info just ask: PICS BELOW discard 2nd picture lol
    Check under the leaves with a magnifying glass or loupe mate. Could be a pest?

Sent from ⚒Thames Iron Works⚒

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ironman For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (16-06-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,471 Times

I believe that is it. Looks like your leaves are a little on the light side. May just need some N. JMO

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,169 Times

Im no expert, but could 20" be a little far maybe? Maybe one of the experienced guys could clarify?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Erby For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (16-06-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ironman View Post
    Check under the leaves with a magnifying glass or loupe mate. Could be a pest?

Sent from ⚒Thames Iron Works⚒
    Thanks for the reply, checked for bugs with 40x magnifying glass and i didn't see anything...I will feed them tonight as their close to needing some water anyway and observe the next few days and see if there is a change fingers crossed!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Crupilad For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (16-06-18), Ironman (17-06-18)

Thanks

I will be feeding them in the next few hours and wait and see if there is a change, thanks for the reply

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Crupilad For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (16-06-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,471 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Erby View Post
    Im no expert, but could 20" be a little far maybe? Maybe one of the experienced guys could clarify?
    Not for seedlings.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

Erby (17-06-18)