Thread: when do i count from day 1 ?

Thanks

Default when do i count from day 1 ?

Just germinatiing now... but wanted to know when is day 1 actually day 1 ?

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iGrow420710 For This Useful Post:

Ben.g (17-06-18), GEORGE (16-06-18), Greengrass (16-06-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,779 Times

People have different ways of counting.... some it's when the seed germinates, others it's when the seed breaks the surface... But it doesn't really matter in the greater scheme of things
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Ben.g (17-06-18), GEORGE (16-06-18), Greengrass (16-06-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,755 Times

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    People have different ways of counting.... some it's when the seed germinates, others it's when the seed breaks the surface... But it doesn't really matter in the greater scheme of things
    Totally agree veg for as long as you need to. Day 1 of flower however is another matter and more controversial. Some say it is the day you flick the switch others say it is when you first see flowering around 2 weeks after flip. I am in the "first see flower" camp so my plants generally go 2 weeks longer than the breeders recommendation.
    TO GROW A PLANT YOU NEED TO THINK LIKE A PLANT

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to toblue For This Useful Post:

Ben.g (17-06-18), Erby (16-06-18), GEORGE (16-06-18), M_C (16-06-18), Priapus (16-06-18)

Macky Guest

Quote Originally Posted by toblue View Post
    Totally agree veg for as long as you need to. Day 1 of flower however is another matter and more controversial. Some say it is the day you flick the switch others say it is when you first see flowering around 2 weeks after flip. I am in the "first see flower" camp so my plants generally go 2 weeks longer than the breeders recommendation.
    The best growers are in that camp

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

Ben.g (17-06-18), Dirty_badger (16-06-18), GEORGE (16-06-18), toblue (16-06-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,097 Times

I used to count it from 12/12 switch.

Now it's when I see the 1st few hairs. Then it makes a bit more sense with flowering times from breeders.

And I feel less annoyed thinking flowering is taking to long

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ben.g For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (18-06-18), toblue (16-06-18)