Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Billy Caldwell could be the start of the future?.... A CASE FOR LEGALISATION

Thanks

Default Billy Caldwell could be the start of the future?.... A CASE FOR LEGALISATION

Haven't posted on here for about 8 years or so, hope you are all well. Since the years have passed I've gone from homegrown to having access to all kinds of imported American strains, the world has changed and in a modern day
    society it is duly welcomed. I took a few moments to write this and while I am no lawyer or politician, I'm sure there's some truth in it. Thanks to Diamondcutexotics for giving me the energy to write this.

Anyway, I've been following Billy Caldwells story and I am so pleased that the home office decided to give his medication back that was taken at Heathrow airport. So, the government have given Billy's mum permission to administer and continue? to use Cannabis oil as medicine for Billy's epilepsy. Amazing news and perhaps some forward thinking by the UK government. But where does that leave the other millions of us that consume daily to medically treat ailments?

So I believe that this move has opened up a clear case for LEGALISATION IN THE UK..

Currently in the UK there are a number of groups in the UK who consume cannabis for a variety of ranges from medical, to social and recreational.

There are many ways to acquire cannabis in the UK, People often consume cannabis that is cultivated by inexperienced groups or individuals who are financially motivated. The UK consumer will acquire this and the quality is based on trust from the person who has cultivated the product. The side effects of cannabis that is insufficiently cultivated can have a range of negative effects on the health and in many cases the product sold can not be identified as the correct strain or family (indica or sativa) that the individual needs to medicate with. The prime example would be a Type 1 diabetic using Type 2 diabetes medication.

The NHS would never allow this and consumers of cannabis are now realising that they need to acquire a certain type (strain) of cannabis to treat an individual or specific medical issue.

The change in legislation in America has introduced a influx of laboratory tested Canniabis from America into the UK at a premium cost. With these products consumers understand clearly that they purchase the Cannabis Sativa or Cannabis Indica - (the two of these providing medical uses across the full spectrum as the packaging is labelled correctly with all information present. It is safe to consume as it has already passed the scrutiny of the Californian state laws. Consumers can choose the specific strain (based on research or advice from expert) to treat their medical condition.

To add an example for people who have no prior knowledge:

If a person struggles with motivation, or stress or depression- a cannabis SATIVA strain would be recommended. The effect of consumption would be uplifting and motivating in a positive manner and promote endorphins to release within the brain, there fore assisting the patient or presenting the capabilities or confidence to continue in a daily routine and furthermore addressing the medical issue.

If a person (for example) does not experience stress and lives and highly charged life possibly and office position or a fast paced lifestyle.... they may reach the end of the day and not be able to relax into a tranquil state of sleep. For this, a Cannabis INDICA would be recommended to promote sleep and a feeling of well being.

The conflict here is when somebody with diagnosed depression consumes an INDICA variety of the plant. It may cause further elevated levels of stress and in effect, has an adverse result.

This may be what we are seeing (in the media)when we hear that somebody has experienced a prolonged period of depression due to consuming cannabis. They may have been consuming SATIVA and really they needed a HYBRID or INDICA strain.. however the access to the correct strains is limited on the streets or black market in the UK (for some people). Reverting back to the earlier paragraph, they are theoretically using the "wrong" medication and this is an issue that needs to be addressed.

The recent news concerning Billy Caldwell has given hope to consumers as Billy's doctor declared a "medical emergency" and his medication (in this example was handed back to him after recent confiscation) allowing him to medicate.
    This leaves the question, where will Billy get his next prescription of medicine? The government have exempted Billy's case, so will his mother be able to legally import it? Will she be able to make oil using equipment purchased? Or will the UK government be providing Billy's medication from now on?

In terms of medical issues, epilepsy is a very serious issue and many people in the UK suffer from epilepsy. Does everybody in the UK with epilepsy, who wishes to medicate with cannabis in the UK now have the right to do so? I believe they should, after all this is a democracy right?

There is no official medical list that acts as a "league" to establish severity of symptoms to which epilepsy appears at No. 1, because medical diseases are different and incomparable, for example what would be the benefit of 'comparing" epilepsy to Cancer? The only certain derivative of the debate would be that both require treatment in some form.

So in this respect, don't all people who have health issues get the right to choose between medicating using NHS prescribed medication or medicating cannabis? Or alternate therapy?

Billy Caldwell has broken a long standing stance by the government, and by handing back Billy's medication the government have recognised that "Cannabis has a medical use" in this case.

On the 1st of May 2018 they threw out the bill to legalise cannabis in the UK - because Cannabis wasn't recognised as "having a medical use". In the space of 6 weeks... what changed?

I believe this contradiction by the government would be of sufficient basis to change the law regarding cannabis for medical use regardless of the issue being treated. There are many ailments that are fatal, potentially even stress can be fatal over an extended period of time.

Any thoughts welcomed...

Thanks, Sam.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to smokingblue For This Useful Post:

Benson123 (17-06-18), Easy-T (17-06-18), gardro (17-06-18), GEORGE (28-06-18), lazor_ears (21-06-18), Lucas3330 (17-06-18), M_C (17-06-18), Valentina (17-06-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,782 Times

It won't change anything mate... their GP had perscribed it, you can rest assured that someone is already making sure that this never happens again!

As I said in a previous post, our hypocritical leaders are denying cannabis has medicinal use, while their partners are flogging cannabis as medicine! They are making too much money to consider legalising it.... unless they get their cut... snouts in the trough mate, that's what this is all about

It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Blue (17-06-18), British green (17-06-18), Easy-T (17-06-18), gardro (17-06-18), GEORGE (28-06-18), ggotch (21-06-18), smokingblue (17-06-18), Valentina (17-06-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

Let's see them squirm around now then:

It's a schedule 1 controlled substance so by definition it can have no medicinal value.

Since it's just been medically prescribed

They have either prescribed a schedule 1 drug ( i.e harmed someone)

Or

They will have no option but to make it schedule 2. Ideally we want schedule 5 like aspirin

I'll smoke to that

🔆🔆https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...2&share_type=t

Gardro's coco grow mentored by joker the smoker

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

Easy-T (17-06-18), GEORGE (28-06-18), Lucas3330 (17-06-18), smokingblue (17-06-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,284 Times

Great post,let’s pray your correct.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Benson123 For This Useful Post:

gardro (17-06-18), GEORGE (28-06-18), Lucas3330 (17-06-18), smokingblue (17-06-18)

Macky Guest

Default Billy Caldwell could be the start of the future?.... A CASE FOR LEGALISATION

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    It won't change anything mate... their GP had perscribed it, you can rest assured that someone is already making sure that this never happens again!

As I said in a previous post, our hypocritical leaders are denying cannabis has medicinal use, while their partners are flogging cannabis as medicine! They are making too much money to consider legalising it.... unless they get their cut... snouts in the trough mate, that's what this is all about 😞

I’m with MC, the tories are stubborn fuckers, and they won’t turn around on this for many reasons. If we have a change in government, then it’ll be legalised, but the Tories ain’t gonna do it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

gardro (17-06-18), GEORGE (28-06-18), smokingblue (17-06-18), WF420 (22-06-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Macky View Post
    I’m with MC, the tories are stubborn fuckers, and they won’t turn around on this for many reasons. If we have a change in government, then it’ll be legalised, but the Tories ain’t gonna do it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    But this is the first time in British history that Cannabis has been issued for private use with no prescription, a medicine that is not even available to issue through the NHS.

Whilst I understand that pharma companies hold the monopoly with cancer drugs etc, and politics is all about the money... but this example (Billy Caldwell) can now be used in a court of law for an individual or national case of any kind. The British law works on reference to previous cases and this comparison (up until yesterday) could never be used.

For example if I had epilepsy and wished to treat using cannabis oil, I could take this to the high court now and use the Billy Caldwell case to support my own case. I can't see how this rule can be applicable to just one person now based on the high usage in this country of people using cannabis for medical use.

The only thing I would need to prove is that it was "life saving".

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to smokingblue For This Useful Post:

AND (19-06-18), gardro (17-06-18), GEORGE (28-06-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 23,218 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Macky View Post
    Up to a moment ago I was in agreement in the sense that the Tories would "never" associate themselves with weed let alone legalise it.

HOWEVER, they have by this weird twist of fate are in a position where they could make a political move to estrange themselves less with the voting public.

Question is, are they aware of this strange position they are in, and, are they gonna bite?

That almost depends on how much they want to stay in power vs their desire to keep up their snooty reputation.

I am not ruling out that they might want to hold onto power so much that they might actually go all out and legalise it in some half baked (no pun intended) fashion, then win another term at the next election.

Pfffttt if people drive whilst intoxicated - it's not as if that doesn't already happen! Would a few more deaths on the road with the injured dumped onto the already struggling NHS really make that much of a difference to them, if it meant THEY get to stay in power?
    One Love, and Mon The Talk!
    The Six L Rule: No Smell, No Tell, No Sell,
    And mind those deci-BELS

May we all cross the line safe and sound, time after time, everytime.

FORUM RULES

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

AND (19-06-18), gardro (17-06-18), GEORGE (28-06-18)

Thanks

well even if their were more road deaths and more stress on the NHS their would be more tax money for the NHS anyway because of legalization

16. The Following User Says Thank You to rew For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-06-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,482 Times

[QUOTE=gardro;1070801171]Let's see them squirm around now then:

It's a schedule 1 controlled substance so by definition it can have no medicinal value.

Is that part of the definition for schedule 1 substance? No medicinal value? But what about morphine?

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Priapus For This Useful Post:

gardro (21-06-18), GEORGE (28-06-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

[QUOTE=IneptAphid;1070803114]
    Quote Originally Posted by gardro View Post
    Let's see them squirm around now then:

Is that part of the definition for schedule 1 substance? No medicinal value? But what about morphine?
    Schedule 2 mate

Just like heroin, cocaine and ketamine....

Bollocks init

🔆🔆https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...2&share_type=t

Gardro's coco grow mentored by joker the smoker

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-06-18), Priapus (21-06-18)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast