Page 1 of 37 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Autoflower grow in Coco mentored by Macky

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,315 Times

Default Autoflower grow in Coco mentored by Macky

Hi guys, Macky has very kindly offered to mentor my auto ultimate feminised grow in coco. This will be my second grow ever but my first in coco. My first grow was in black magic soil which was a big mistake as it was packed with slow release nutes which meant I wasn't fully in control of what the plant was getting which in turn affected yield and potency. I've currently got a few ounces of very week bud which I will have to smoke my way through so keen to get this grow off the ground asap. My seeds will be coming through any day now. I've ordered some auto ultimate from Dutch passion which Seymour buds recommended. Macky has pointed me in the right direction re nutes and equipment. I'll attach a photo of the nutes and list below what's not pictured. On my last grow I used to 300w LEDs but the buds were a bit airy so I've invested in a 600w HPS light which I'll dim to 250w as I believe LEDs are lacking a bit in the red spectrum. I've also invested in an air con unit as my grow space gets extremely hot on warmer days.

Equipment
    1. 2x 300w LEDs viparspectra full spectrum
    2. 1x 600w hps with dimmable ballast
    3. Air con
    4. 2 fans
    5. Air pots
    6.EC pen
    7.wet vac

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Beau_Bud For This Useful Post:

AND (03-07-18), Bud Lightyear (21-06-18), tom222 (01-09-18), Valentina (03-07-18)

Thanks

Seeds have arrived! Just waiting for the go ahead from macky then we can get this show on the road

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Beau_Bud For This Useful Post:

AND (03-07-18), Bud Lightyear (21-06-18)

Macky Guest

Sweeeeeett!!! Lets get the pop on the go!! You ready mate? How you wanna germ? paper towel method or straight into the coco?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

AND (03-07-18), Beau_Bud (20-06-18)

Macky Guest

Ok, lots to go over, we will take it slow, we cant be dimming the 600w down to 250 mate, thatll be no good, but we will worry about that later.

Before you pop the seeds, is your setup, ready, all set up? ready for plants to go in it? You got a timer?

Id say 18/6 the whole way is going to be a good schedule, off at 9am, on at 3pm, keep it like that for the duration of the grow.

Temps should be ok with the LEd running, but where are you exhausting the air too? Is it going out side?

Pots, what size are you air pots?

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

AND (03-07-18), Beau_Bud (20-06-18)

Thanks

Yes macky! Here we go. Setups ready to go (pretty much), just waiting for some ducting to connect the air con up but at the moment Temps are okay so should be ready to go. To help deal with the tempd during the day and so I can water them at the begining of their light cycle I've got the lights coming on at 5pm and going off at 7am. Do you reckon I should change this?
    So, last time I germinated one seed in a paper towel then transferred it to a peat pellet and the other I germinated straight in the peat pellet. Both worked fine. I then transferred them to larger smart pots once the root started to show at the bottom. I know with autism it's better to avoid transferring them as much as you can so could we potentially get them going in the paper towel until the tap root us visible then transferring them to the 20l air pots for the rest of the grow. What do you reckon? Currently have. Unfortunately the airs currenttly bring sent back in the room as I don't have the option (at the moment) to duct the air externally. The missus will kill me if I start putting holes in the roof but of needs be I'm sure I can

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Beau_Bud For This Useful Post:

AND (03-07-18)

Thanks

*auto, not autism. Woops

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Beau_Bud For This Useful Post:

AND (03-07-18), Gaz (02-08-18)

Macky Guest

Sweet, id say paper towel method, give them 24-48 hours, until they crack a bit, and get the small bit of tap root out, the straight into the airpots, nice, they'll be lovely.

Time to prep the coco. I like to put mine into a bucket, and give it a good rinse, flood the fuck out of it, and then I scoop up the shit that float to the top, all the heavy dirt a shit will sink to the bottom. I like to give it a good clean just in case of contaminates. Ill then let it sit in some ph water at 5.8 so a bit, then add the perlite, put it into the pots, and water one more time at 5.8, with some great white added to the water.

You should let the water stand for at least 24 hours before using the great white though, you don't want the chlorine killing the microbes before it even gets to the medium. Letting it stand will help.

You're using perlite did i read? If so, 3-1 is good ration, Id say 15l of cleaned coco, and 5l of perlite, mixed it up good, then stick it in your pots. If no perlite its all good, coco will be fine without it. Just leave that to sit then until the seeds have popped a tap root, then plant it a couple centimetres deep, cover it lightly and wait for some green to pop out.

You all good with that mate? any questions?

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

AND (03-07-18), Beau_Bud (21-06-18)

Thanks

Afternoon Macky. I chucked the seeds in the fridge last night so il get them out this evening and chuck them in the paper towel and then into the airpots once ready. does the tap root need to be facing up or down in the coco?

re the coco, is the stuff that floats what you keep? what quantity of great white should I add or should I just read the instructions on the container?

re letting the water sit, i have 2x 20l water jugs where i will store the water & feed. should I leave the caps off to let the chlorine evaporate or is the closed container fine?

Il change the lighting schedule to what you recommended as well this evening once I get home.

thanks for all the help. top man

Regarding the light schedule, are you happy for me to leave it on its current configuration (on at 5pm off at 10am)

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Beau_Bud For This Useful Post:

AND (03-07-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,141 Times

Subbed up to this. Looking forward to seeing how this one goes. Good luck both of you. Not that ul need it with macky on the case. 😉

No one like us we don’t care. #upthelions

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to millwall115 For This Useful Post:

AND (03-07-18), Beau_Bud (21-06-18)

Thanks

Cheers fella, weve had this in the pipeline for a while now. Looking forward to seeing what we can achieve! Mackys been a great help. top bloke

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Beau_Bud For This Useful Post:

AND (03-07-18)

Page 1 of 37 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast