Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Autoflower grow in Coco mentored by Macky

Macky Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bud Lightyear View Post
    Thought I had better pop in and wish you good luck with the project guys

Regards BL
    Cheers Bud! We are gonna smash it! Mon the mentor grow! Hope he behaves himself

Sent from: Me, to space, and then to you

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

AND (03-07-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,315 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Macky View Post
    Keep the coco nice and loose

Mon the Talk!
    I'm cleaning the coco and taking what's floating but 90% of it is sinking. Is that nornal. At this rate il need more Coco haha!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Beau_Bud For This Useful Post:

AND (03-07-18)

Thanks

So I made a right old mess cleaning the coco but it's all potted up now. I mixed in the perlite and flushed each one with 6l of 5.8 ph'd water. I've mixed another 40l of 5.8ph water in containers and will leave the caps of over night to let the chlorine evaporate off. Do you think that's long enough? I plan on mixing in the great white tomorrow evening and giving the soil another water. As the soil will be sitting for a day or so before i plant the germinated seed, should i saturate the soil with about a litres run off?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Beau_Bud For This Useful Post:

AND (03-07-18)

Thanks

as recommended by macky I let the water sit overnight before adding the great white and watering the Coco again with about 4l each (airports are 12l) but the pH of the water had gone up to around 6 overnight which I thought was strange but macky has told me that the substrate can alter the pH which makes total sense. I've ph'd it back down to 5.8 to be safe. Weather's starting to heat up again do I'll get my ac sorted tomorrow. Seeds are starting to open up a tiny bit but no taproot yet. I reckon they'll be ready to go in tomorrow.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Beau_Bud For This Useful Post:

AND (03-07-18)

Macky Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Beau_Bud View Post
    as recommended by macky I let the water sit overnight before adding the great white and watering the Coco again with about 4l each (airports are 12l) but the pH of the water had gone up to around 6 overnight which I thought was strange but macky has told me that the substrate can alter the pH which makes total sense. I've ph'd it back down to 5.8 to be safe. Weather's starting to heat up again do I'll get my ac sorted tomorrow. Seeds are starting to open up a tiny bit but no taproot yet. I reckon they'll be ready to go in tomorrow.

Lovely mate, just let that coco sit now until the seeds are ready for planting.

The water, you dont really need to ph for the feeds yet. When you add some of the advanced nuits, it’ll alter the ph a bit. Not much, as we won’t be using it at full dose, but it always best to get your ph level after adding everything. Once the seeds are in, you won’t be giving it plain water again, unless it for a flush.

So let’s discuss getting a feed ready for them? What’s your ec, of your tap water, without anything added to it mate?

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

AND (03-07-18), Beau_Bud (22-06-18)

Thanks

Lovely mate, just let that coco sit now until the seeds are ready for planting.

The water, you dont really need to ph for the feeds yet. When you add some of the advanced nuits, it’ll alter the ph a bit. Not much, as we won’t be using it at full dose, but it always best to get your ph level after adding everything. Once the seeds are in, you won’t be giving it plain water again, unless it for a flush.

So let’s discuss getting a feed ready for them? What’s your ec, of your tap water, without anything added to it mate?

Great, cheers macky. I haven't used an EC stick before but I assume you just leave it in the solution for a bit and take a reading? Any particular measurement I should take? Re lighting, should I use the LEDs for the veg period and then swap to hps for the flowering or should I try and set up all the lights together at once?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Beau_Bud For This Useful Post:

AND (03-07-18)

Macky Guest

nah, just one LED to start with mate, then as they get bigger add another, when we got to flower we shall go hps and add more LED if the temps allow it. Just stick the ec meter in your tap water and tell me what number you get from it. Background Ph isnt too much of an issue as we have to adjust it anyway. So just the EC of you tap water with no food added please mate

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

AND (03-07-18)

Thanks

nah, just one LED to start with mate, then as they get bigger add another, when we got to flower we shall go hps and add more LED if the temps allow it. Just stick the ec meter in your tap water and tell me what number you get from it. Background Ph isnt too much of an issue as we have to adjust it anyway. So just the EC of you tap water with no food added please mate
    The EC pen was fluctuating between 0.6 & 0.8 which I assume means it is 0.7? What does the EC reading tell you? What height should I put the 300w led above the soil?

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Beau_Bud For This Useful Post:

AND (03-07-18)

Macky Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Beau_Bud View Post
    The EC pen was fluctuating between 0.6 & 0.8 which I assume means it is 0.7? What does the EC reading tell you? What height should I put the 300w led above the soil?

Tells me your water is shit lol. Is that just from the tap? Nothing at all in it?

Mon the Talk!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Macky For This Useful Post:

AND (03-07-18)

Thanks

Tells me your water is shit lol. Is that just from the tap? Nothing at all in it?

Mon the Talk!
    Unfortunately so haha. Is it really that bad?

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Beau_Bud For This Useful Post:

AND (03-07-18)

Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast