Thread: Grow techniques that can be applied to normal plants

GreenBalls Guest

Default Grow techniques that can be applied to normal plants

Hi all,
    I came to growing bud, with absolutely zero gardening knowledge. Since then I've given myself a crash course in how to grow this plant.

I think it's a massive shame, however, that I'm gathering this new knowledge, but still haven't really got any general gardening knowledge. I'd love to know which elements of weed growing, can be applied to gardening (or at least just houseplants).

For example I recently bought someone an edible houseplant as a gift. I transplanted to a larger pot as I would with one of the girls. I put it in my tent, assuming it loves the light as much as the girls. I have absolutely no idea whether that was the right or wrong thing to do.

Also, (for just one example), would giving Rhizotonic to houseplants be an occasional treat for their roots? Silica?

I'm hoping we can get some suggestions going for weed techniques that can be transferred to other plants, such as feeding, lights, training, symptoms/diagnoses, etc.

These basic bits of knowledge could help bud growers to instantly expand their skills to the wider gardening world. Cheers!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GreenBalls For This Useful Post:

Blue (20-06-18), GEORGE (20-06-18), WF420 (16-07-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 37,976 Times

Nutrients and additives etc can all be applied to other fruit bearing plants, rhizotonic and the like are not canna specific. All general plants need Npk to live. Higher nitrogen levels for growth/leaf production and plenty of Phosphorus and pottasium during flower for fruit production and also root development.

Plant training can also be applied, Lst, topping and other methods all work pretty much the same way they would do with your cannabis plants

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blue For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-06-18), KieranH (21-06-18)

GreenBalls Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    Nutrients and additives etc can all be applied to other fruit bearing plants, rhizotonic and the like are not canna specific. All general plants need Npk to live. Higher nitrogen levels for growth/leaf production and plenty of Phosphorus and pottasium during flower for fruit production and also root development.

Plant training can also be applied, Lst, topping and other methods all work pretty much the same way they would do with your cannabis plants
    Thanks very much!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBalls For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (31-07-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,792 Times

ive applied liquid seaweed to all my fruit bushes a few weeks ago .....................and they have gone mental ...MASSIVE GROWTH SPURT FROM THEM ALL !!

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to budfarmer For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (31-07-18), Valentina (28-06-18)

GreenBalls Guest

Quote Originally Posted by budfarmer View Post
    ive applied liquid seaweed to all my fruit bushes a few weeks ago .....................and they have gone mental ...MASSIVE GROWTH SPURT FROM THEM ALL !!
    That's v interesting, thanks!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBalls For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (31-07-18)