Thread: coco nutrient run off disposal

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,940 Times

Default coco nutrient run off disposal

hi guys so my first grow is almost done totally buzin! so on my next grow I'm gonna get a bigger tent to do 8 plants instead of 4 and atm hand watering and dumping the run off is a mission atm lol I do have a wet vac to remove run off witch is meh ok but Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dsc02518.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	58.4 KB 
ID:	363102I'm trying to think of an easier way...

so on my next grow I'm gone try and set myself an auto drip system on a timer to save doing it myself but..... when you guys have a drip system how do you get rid of your run off? do you get in with a wet vac everyday? kinda defeats the purpose of using a drip system of ease..... so I'm trying to think of an easier way of what I thought maybe have the bottom tent as one big tray and tilted towards the tent openings for easy removal but even better maybe some way of it draining away with out me having to remove it. I am a builder so know abit about plumbing ect so I thought maybe in the trays of the tent fit a hole Click image for larger version. 

ID:	363102for drainage pipe where the run off would go to and have it drained from there into the drainage system. I don't wana leave it in there for a hole day in flower cuz of humidity.

what are your thoughts?
    does one have a link?
    what's your preferred method?
    any tips appreciated

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Grower88 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (17-07-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,736 Times

Angle/tip runoff trays slightly, drill a 15mm hole in each corner and place a bucket or similar under the holes attached to 22mm plastic pipe with a tank connector, then you can drain to somewhere suitable

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AND For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (17-07-18), Grower88 (20-07-18), joker_the_smoker (18-07-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

Quote Originally Posted by grower1988 View Post
    hi guys so my first grow is almost done totally buzin! so on my next grow I'm gonna get a bigger tent to do 8 plants instead of 4 and atm hand watering and dumping the run off is a mission atm lol I do have a wet vac to remove run off witch is meh ok but Click image for larger version. 

ID:	363102I'm trying to think of an easier way...

so on my next grow I'm gone try and set myself an auto drip system on a timer to save doing it myself but..... when you guys have a drip system how do you get rid of your run off? do you get in with a wet vac everyday? kinda defeats the purpose of using a drip system of ease..... so I'm trying to think of an easier way of what I thought maybe have the bottom tent as one big tray and tilted towards the tent openings for easy removal but even better maybe some way of it draining away with out me having to remove it. I am a builder so know abit about plumbing ect so I thought maybe in the trays of the tent fit a hole Click image for larger version. 

ID:	363102for drainage pipe where the run off would go to and have it drained from there into the drainage system. I don't wana leave it in there for a hole day in flower cuz of humidity.

what are your thoughts?
    does one have a link?
    what's your preferred method?
    any tips appreciated

Hi mate have a look at post 154 onwards in my diary here. Ive made a pumping box with a little pump as im below the drain pipe. Work spots on !

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...post1070804162

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (17-07-18), Grower88 (20-07-18), joker_the_smoker (18-07-18)