Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How long will 8 week autoflowers continue to grow

Thanks

Default Answered: How long will 8 week autoflowers continue to grow

Need a rough answer to how long will an 8 week autoflower continue to grow... Not looking for an exact time but will they grow for say 16/16/20 weeks?

2. "I’ve never had an auto fully mature in less than 12 weeks from seed. There is some out there but none I’ve ever seen. 12-13 weeks growth and then a flush gives me the smoke I require on most mephisto autos.

As for growing it until it dies. That would be pointless if your looking for something nice to smoke. Once it’s reached it’s peak it will hermie as a last ditch attempt to reproduce. I hazard a guess anything 16 weeks plus would do this. I doubt you’ll find anyone that’s tried doing it either. Who takes there plants longer than full amber trichomes?"

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Madscientist For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-07-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,782 Times
    Provided Answers: 510

Too many factors to take in
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-07-18), Madscientist (20-07-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,468 Times
    Provided Answers: 105

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Madscientist View Post
    Need a rough answer to how long will an 8 week autoflower continue to grow... Not looking for an exact time but will they grow for say 16/16/20 weeks?
    They will grow until they die, when ever that is. I'm think about doing that in the October Cinderella jack comp. Just let them grow, until they die.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

Madscientist (20-07-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    Too many factors to take in
    Will they continue to grow another 3 weeks beyond the 8 week mark?... What kind of factors?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Madscientist For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-07-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hotshot View Post
    They will grow until they die, when ever that is. I'm think about doing that in the October Cinderella jack comp. Just let them grow, until they die.
    If you do do it let me know how long they go... Asked a few people and I've always had the same answer about it theyll go till they die... Would be good to know when that would be

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Madscientist For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-07-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 23,218 Times
    Provided Answers: 12

Quote Originally Posted by Madscientist View Post
    If you do do it let me know how long they go... Asked a few people and I've always had the same answer about it theyll go till they die... Would be good to know when that would be
    For the sake of scientific knowledge, that would be good to know. HOWEVER, the conflict is that they would become "dead" as the plant get chopped. So to work out how long they live for beyond prime "ripeness" spoils the goods, and personally I don't see the benefit, other than just for the sake of knowledge.

Just my two cents.
    One Love, and Mon The Talk!
    The Six L Rule: No Smell, No Tell, No Sell,
    And mind those deci-BELS

May we all cross the line safe and sound, time after time, everytime.

FORUM RULES

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-07-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Valentina View Post
    For the sake of scientific knowledge, that would be good to know. HOWEVER, the conflict is that they would become "dead" as the plant get chopped. So to work out how long they live for beyond prime "ripeness" spoils the goods, and personally I don't see the benefit, other than just for the sake of knowledge.

Just my two cents.
    It's not just for the sake of scientific knowledge though is it... On this occasion right here I need to know so I can plan ahead for the next one... For his one its for future use not just to tickle a thought... Also they would be dying before there technically dead aswell I don't think we both were meaning letting it go until the plant is 100% dead its more a case of how long before the plant begins to suffer and die... All plants have a lifespan it would be good to put a timescale on autos having said that alot of plants will have slight variances but nothing to drastic I would imagine but as I said no one has been able to give me an answer on this and it would be good to have at least a little background information on it especially for future purposes

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Madscientist For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-07-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,482 Times
    Provided Answers: 1

IF you are wondering if you can wait 3 weeks before harvesting, i would recommend against it. All the THC will be broken down and useless by then

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Priapus For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-07-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IneptAphid View Post
    IF you are wondering if you can wait 3 weeks before harvesting, i would recommend against it. All the THC will be broken down and useless by then
    I appreciate your input but I just don't agree with that one at all they're still producing buds and hairs for future growth... I'm kinda answering my own question but they can go another week probably 2 and hopefully 3 before they plateau... I was looking for someone with experience in this department who has went through the trial and error and can offer solid advice or past occurrences in their own ventures

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Madscientist For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-07-18)

Thanks

Based off the last one we took it 2 weeks longer than stated 12 weeks instead of 10 and a further 10 days for flushing they were perfect taste, stone, and all crystals intact under the scope also...

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Madscientist For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-07-18), Priapus (20-07-18)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast